The Internal Communications Senior Manager connects Team Members across the enterprise to Giant Eagle’s purpose, culture, and business priorities through relevant, consistent, and compelling messages and experiences.
This individual provides strategic counsel on internal message development and hierarchies and serves as a conduit to a network of communicators and business partners to drive Team Member engagement, advance the culture, and positively impact the Team Member Experience.
- Experience Required: 8+ years.. Writing samples to be provided and will provide a ‘skills test’ writing assignment as part of interview process
- Experience Desired: Prior experience with all aspects of internal communications, including speechwriting, presentation development, organizational announcements, crisis communications and issues management, creating engaging and dynamic associate engagement platforms, and change management.
- Affinity for technology and prior experience with intranet/portal development and implementation; strong project management skills desired.
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience
- Develop internal message framework, communications strategy, and approach to support the overall business agenda and specific initiatives tied to business priorities – ensuring Team Members understand the business goals and how they support achievement of them.
- Oversee and manage internal communications calendar to ensure alignment of content, targeting of messaging by audience, and vehicle selection to deliver optimal results and improve overall engagement in the Company’s purpose, values and culture.
- Partner with executives and leaders to create strategy and themes for a variety of internal communications, including Team Member meetings (townhalls, all hands, etc.) – virtual and/or physical – including writing content, developing agendas, presentation decks, managing speakers, etc.
- Develop, write and edit complex messages and materials for a variety of platforms with a deep understanding of the company ethos.
- Ensure internal messaging has clarity of purpose and intent with a level of consistency and alignment to the brand. Provide feedback to others related to optimal substance, usage and style; clearly demonstrate ability to understand and express a broad view of the business landscape and to translate it for a variety of internal audiences.
- Develop new and enhances existing processes and communication vehicles – newsletters, publications, video, surveys, Intranet, executive presentations, etc. - to increase their effectiveness and impact on Team Members while inspiring adherence to corporate guidelines.
- Partner with leaders and other stakeholders across the company to build and drive inclusion, equity, and diversity communications strategies to foster awareness, understanding and pride in who we are and what we stand for as a Company
- Create surveys, conduct feedback sessions/focus groups, and identify other measurement tools to monitor impact of messaging and Team Member engagement levels; realigns communication and engagement strategies accordingly
- Develop, coach and lead a team to successfully deliver on internal communications.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Posting ID: 620659650Posted: 2021-04-21Job Title: Senior Manager