Giant Eagle is looking for a key resource to develop and manage its IT vendor management program. This role will be a crucial partner across all IT disciplines to manage vendor performance and strategic relationship building functions. This role has responsibility for assisting with vendor negotiations and contract management. This role is empowered to develop our best in class programs, make effective decisions, work collaboratively across a variety of stakeholders and levels, and to provide exceptional service to our team.
- Experience Required: 5 to 10 years
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree Computer Science, Management Information Science or Business
- Education Desired: Masters Degree Computer Science, Management Information Science or MBA
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Possess knowledge of and experience with the purchasing of IT hardware, software, and services. Proven record with negotiations, identifying cost savings opportunities, and savings planning and realization.
- Define and manage the vendor management strategy for the Giant Eagle Information Technology Department.
- Develop and manage a process for monitoring vendors to ensure they meet their agreement and contractual obligations to Giant Eagle, SLA's, stated KPI's, or other contractual commitments.
- Publish monthly scorecards for vendor performance and contract management.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders including internal IT team members, Information Security, Indirect Procurement, legal, senior management, and external vendors.
- Maintain, distribute and communicate the contract standards and minimum requirements to IT Team Members.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to problem solve based on available information, reasonable assumptions, and internal knowledge.
- Partner with Finance and IT Leadership as needed to provide budget input across spend categories and contractual obligations.
- Coordinate recurring business review meetings with IT Leadership and vendors on a quarterly basis for strategic vendor partners. Generate and maintain vendor scorecards and dashboards for presenting performance results.
- Partner with IT Leadership and PMO to create a program for managing strategic relationships. Including, but not limited to, strategic road-map development, performance management, and assessment of maximizing tool capabilities.
- Ensure timely renewal and renegotiation of existing agreements with cost optimization, cost avoidance, savings, or equal contract value.
- Possesses exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of interfacing effectively at various levels of an organization.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Posting ID: 620659672Posted: 2021-04-21Job Title: Senior Manager