This General Labor position assists operators in processing corrugated sheets according to written specifications/diagrams and prepares product for the next operation. The helper is also responsible for assisting with routine machine set-ups, quality checks (including proper measurements) and should recognize potential problems with the product. Tasks must be performed in a timely fashion, following all safety procedures and ensuring quality product arrives at the next operation. The help is responsible for the completion of paperwork for tracking as well as computer data entry relating to production metrics.
Candidates must have the flexibility to work mandatory overtime as needed, sometimes with little notice. The facility is a 24/5 operation with Saturday work as needed.
Interview Process: If selected to move forward, the first step in the hiring process will be a proctored assessment test that will take 90 minutes to complete. If you are advanced to the next round based upon your test results, an onsite interview will be scheduled the same day. For the test + interview please allow for an estimated 2 hours.
• Move or lift heavy objects
• Maintain production or work records
• Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
• Clean rooms or work areas
• Adjust production equipment/machinery set-up
• Clean equipment or machinery
• Monitor production machinery/equipment operation to detect problems
• Sort manufacturing materials or products
• Load, unload or stack containers/materials and product
• Other duties assigned by Supervisor
Shift start: 3:00PM or 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 12 hours
Monday - Friday, some required Saturdays
Founded in 1898, International Paper is an American pulp and paper company that manufactures paper, packaging, and wood products. They also offer coated paperboard, corrugated packaging, food containers, and recycling.