As a Caterer, you'll be a key player in our success and ensure all of our banquet and catering offerings exceed our guests’ expectations. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player at heart. The type of person that knows you’re only successful when those around you are set up for success. Beyond that, you should be eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and the ability to inspire those around you. As Catering Team Member, you’ll help customers discover the pleasure of tasting incredible food and elevate our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: The ideal candidate will have experience in a single unit catering, convention center, or hotel banquet business.; Must have working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point; Must be organized and detail oriented; Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time, while providing exceptional service to our guests.; Previous hotel and catering experience preferred. Prior sales experience strongly preferred.
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
- Certification or Licensing Required: Valid Driver's License
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, 25 - 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Ensure that communications from the sales team are being performed and executed at a high level.
- Ensure proper food safety programs are being followed.
- Pay attention to many tasks while consistently providing exceptional service and responding to telephone and walk in inquiries by determining guest's needs and specifications for referral to the Catering Manager.
- Handle event bookings from initial contact to completion of event with strong attention to detail, organization and follow through.
- Produce and distribute contracts; complete catering paperwork, menus and correspondence.
- Handle all post event written correspondence.
- Be present at client site visits, tastings and events to assist with execution when requested by manager.
- Support the sales efforts of the department with emphasis on catering segment.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written; along with the ability to think clearly and remain calm in pressure situations.
- Possess computer skills, including Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Posting ID: 620668503Posted: 2021-04-21Job Title: Caterer New