How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Patient Safety and Quality Specialist is responsible for the organization, management, and direction of the Clinical Outcomes for Patient Safety and Quality programs for Raritan Bay Medical Center, accomplished through hospital-wide performance improvement committees and medical staff peer review facilitation in accordance with established standards and policies of the institution Responsibilities
- Facilitates interventions that achieve institutional core measures/quality improvement goals
- Provides quality expertise to all departments and areas in the development of division/department specific performance improvement programs
- Assists with coordinating the facility efforts to maintain The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation and State and Federal licensure
- Assists in the follow-up to the hospital-wide event reporting system (ONElink).
- Integrates data from all available sources for use in the physician privileging and reappointment process.
- Demonstrates competency in assessing, analyzing and utilizing data for the purpose of effective decision making and performance improvement processes
- Assists with Coordination and implementation all government and state mandated hospital programs such as, Value Based Purchasing, Readmission Reduction Program, Inpatient and Outpatient Prospective Payment Systems, and other programs
- Current NJ RN license required
- BSN required
- A minimum of 5 years nursing experience in adult inpatient medical surgical or critical care.
- Must have computer skills in work processing and spreadsheet utilization
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships necessary to influence documentation and clinical processes by health care providers
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Experience in and certification in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ and/or Professional In-Patient Safety (CPPS) preferred
- Experience with root cause analysis and action (RCA2) preferred
- Epic certification preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today Our Network
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.