Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Staff Registered Nurse (0.9 FTE, Nights) to work in Rehab Unit at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active Washington state Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from any authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at Swedish Cherry Hill
About the Cherry Hill Campus
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About Us
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Nursing - OtherLocation:
Cherry Hill Main Bldg (WA150) 500 17th Ave James Tower Seattle, 98122Req ID: