Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Environmental Services Technician (1.0 FTE, Night Shift) to work in Environmental Services at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary team that maintains the physical environment of the hospital at the highest level of cleanliness, both from an appearance and infection control standpoint. This position is responsible for continuously demonstrating proficiency in both basic and more complex or advanced cleaning techniques and supply stocking that would be used in patient, staff, office, clinic, surgical or visitor areas. Able to demonstrate proficiency in ability to work in areas that require advanced cleaning techniques such as Surgery, Labor & Delivery, NICU, Emergency Room (on shifts/situations, campuses where caregivers work in multiple areas) and Floorcare.In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrate consistent competency in basic core skills such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, trash and linen removal.
- Clean patient, staff, office and support areas following established infection control and cleaning procedures resulting in quality outcomes.
- Physical appearance of assigned area, following cleaning, is neat, organized and appropriate to the use of the room. (Office furniture, patient room furniture, proper placement of Critical Use Equipment, exam and waiting areas are neatly and correctly placed.).
- Demonstrate consistent competency in advanced skills necessary to maintain surgical and labor suites; including cleaning of Critical Use Equipment, dis-assembling, cleaning and reassembling of surgery tables, LDRP beds, Jacuzzi Tubs, giraffe and isolates.
- Operate assigned equipment, (floor machines, buffers, etc.) safely and report problems or needed repairs quickly.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED must be completed/obtained within six (6) months of hire
- One (1) year customer service experience
About the First Hill Campus:
- Vocational training and certification will also be considered
- One (1) year experience in housekeeping or janitorial/custodial work in a healthcare/long term care setting or hotel setting
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About Us
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122Req ID: