Manager, Brand Image - Chicago
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Responsible for managing the Ralph Lauren brand aesthetic and creating a memorable customer shopping experience through the execution and maintenance of rigs and interior/window displays. The Manager, Brand Image is responsible for working with both full price Ralph Lauren Retail and Outlet Stores for the assigned area. This role will be responsible for implementing the Retail Strategies, Directives, Floor Sets, Windows and Merchandising for all divisions/departments across these two channels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the installation of interior/window changeovers, including production of any interior sets, on site prop handling prop placement and rigging.
- Ensure that store interior sets are maintained - including: repositioning mannequins, re-propping, re-merchandising, and sourcing alternative product for interior presentations.
- • Conduct frequent walkthroughs (in-person or remote) of locations, identifying opportunities to improve and maintain the overall merchandising standards, aesthetic and creative appearance of the site, including the overall tidiness of each store.
- Conduct virtual walkthrough of locations, identifying opportunities to improve and maintain the overall aesthetic and creative appearance of the site, including the overall tidiness of each store.
- Plan and prep, in keeping with a rolling creative calendar, for the next installation or floor change.
- Store visits are conducted at a priority locations & new stores within both Channels (Polo Factory Stores and Ralph Lauren Stores)
- When relevant, manage the procurement and compilation of creative and aesthetic elements for windows, including: wallpaper, paint, rugs, fabrics, lighting and decorative prop elements.
- Develop and lead workshops to teach visual merchandising techniques and brand standards, i.e. how to create impactful visual presentations, how to expand and condense presentations., etc.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Store Management to ensure that store changeovers are executed appropriately and that business needs are met in the most brand appropriate manner.
- Take responsibility for staying connected to the Corporate Office including updates to the directives, showrooms, advertising, product deliveries and buys.
- Actively participate in the timely updating of the Team Site, including window and interior photo review uploads and regional calendars.
- Know and be aware of creative competition, learn from what you see outside of your immediate environment and report back to management on observations and insights.
- Identify and develop unique design specifications by door in keeping with established seasonal themes.
- This role will support the following locations- subject to change based on business needs, new store openings, renovations/remodels and activities:
- RLS Stores: Chicago
- PFS Stores: Rosemont, Aurora, Kenosha, Gurnee Mills
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in visual presentation, merchandising and rigging experience, with at least 3 years in a luxury retail environment
- Strong time management and organizational skill-set which enables managing and engaging the team
- Ability to manage and travel to multiple store locations
- 75% of time of traveling in stores
- 25% of time working in office (remote)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail store hours (i.e., evenings after 9 PM and weekends)
- Ability to handle feedback and apply learning
- Assertive and solution-oriented when faced with obstacles
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with supervisors, direct reports and peers
- General computer proficiency including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Passion and affinity for the Ralph Lauren brand