UPMC is hiring Patient Services Representatives for our various locations throughout Allegheny County. Whether you are a seasoned professional or looking to start a new career in healthcare, the Patient Services Representative position is a great option for you! We are seeking candidates with strong customer service skills, and a desire to enhance and create a positive experience during a patient's visit to UPMC.
A Patient Services Representative is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival, promoting the usage of new and emerging consumer-friendly technologies, educating patients on their co-payments and financial obligations and collecting payments when applicable, scheduling appointments within the continuum of care, connecting patients to financial advocacy resources when appropriate, updating patients' demographics and insurance coverage information, and promoting an overall culture of service excellence.
We have various positions available at our physician practices, hospitals, and outpatient surgery departments throughout Allegheny County. This includes Oakland, Shadyside, Lawrenceville, Downtown, North Hills, Aspinwall, South Hills, McKeesport, and Monroeville. Our typical schedules are Monday-Friday, daylight hours. Occasionally we do have part-time roles. This is a great way to find the right schedule and location for you.
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organization's diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Differences) Network, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
Interested in hearing more? Apply online today!Responsibilities:
- Provide a warm greeting for all patients
- Guide patient through use of self-arrival technology or check-in patient at desk depending on patient preference
- Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments at the point of service
- Confirm and/or update patient registration information at checkout
- Schedule follow-up appointments within the practice at checkout
- Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
- Help patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions.
- Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions or needs to ensure the appropriate continuity of care.
- Register patients in Biometrics (fingerprint recognition) program and explain benefits
- Promote MyUPMC patient portal and assist patients in registration when applicable
- Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
- Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via online verification systems or telephone inquiries
- Obtain signature of patient or family member for consent to treatment and financial responsibility following the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills are preferred.
- Two years of experience in a medical / billing / fiscal or customer service function is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior experience with Medipac, Epic, or other health records systems is preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran.!
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance
- Act 31 Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct