Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk. Objective:
This position is responsible for product and competitive market analysis and reporting, managing the drop process of fiber, finished product, and samples, and management of the sample and yarn portfolio. A degree of creativity and latitude appropriate to the job level is required. Responsibilities:
- Product Reporting: Collection of data and production of weekly, monthly, and quarterly product and yarn reports including product sunset review, common creel sales and efficiency, pilot plant metrics, Special Order Custom (SOC) trends, finished yarn usage, future drop sample, yarn, and finished inventory reports
- Market Reporting: Collection of data and production of regular competitive market information including monthly new product introductions, upkeep of competitor products and pricing intelligence, gathering and managing competitor sample library
- Drop Process Management: In collaboration with Product Managers, identify future sample material, yarns and finished products that are "at risk" or planned drops, and generally manage the execution of the drop process including the monthly communication across functional groups of changes in the product and yarn portfolio. Goal will be to minimize inventory of finished product, samples, and yarns by final drop date
- Yarn SKU Management: Manage the portfolio of singles and finished yarns including usage reports, collaborating with product mgmt. and development to identify SKUs that should be dropped or transitioned to a new yarn SKU and executing the process, managing "in stock" yarn SKU portfolio, and generally communicating changes across functional groups. Goal is to effectively manage yarn SKU count, successfully manage yarn transitions, decrease impaired yarn inventory
- Sample Product Management: Actively manage the portfolio of architect folders and piece samples by reviewing sample SKU and inventory reports and identifying opportunities for improvement. Goal is to align sample department with current and future sample portfolio needs and deliver improved sample efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree Required
- 2+ years of work experience in a highly detail-oriented role. Previous product management or other related experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the flooring industry
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with manufacturing, planning, product management, product development, sample department, and sales.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication necessary to effectively do the job as described including taking the lead in meetings and presenting to senior management.
- Ability to manage and implement strategies as described above and resolve issues as needed
- Experience working within a manufacturing company – a developed understanding of the product life cycle management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to organize and execute new initiatives
- Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and self-motivator
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in order to manage multiple workstreams and deliver desired results in a timely fashion
- Ability to work well in an unstructured environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negation, and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in AS400, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Business Objects, Diver, and Sequel
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives and conflicting priorities, meet deadlines, and drive results
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market: