We Are HiringThe Ascension Texas Finance department have a strong team approach. You will be heard, supported, and encouraged each day by the team around you!
Ascension is seeking a Finance Manager to join the team in Austin, TX. What You Will Do
As a Finance Manager, you will have the opportunity to oversee and manage financial planning, policies, procedures and practices.
- Support development and improvement of data driven decision making and identify potential impacts on operations, healthcare, human resources and quality of care.
- Contribute to the monitoring of financial performance, conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities, and the maintenance of reasonable and appropriate financial plans and forecasts.
- Provide guidance on expense management, productivity, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and capital planning.
- Work in collaboration with the finance team to ensure coordination for major projects and system initiatives.
Preferred Work Experience
- Five or more years of relevant experience in accounting or finance preferred.
- One year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Ability to resolve routine issues exercising judgment to determine appropriate action.
- Reviews, analyzes and ensures the accuracy of the financial and statistical reports for presentation to management.
- Develop ad-hoc financial models as needed to assist the leadership team with decision making.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with problem solving abilities and a strong propensity for attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Promote continuous improvement to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve forecast quality, and enhance information provided to leadership to make business decisions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or G Suite.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other large ERP system.
- Prior forecasting tools experience (Hyperion, Strata, Kaufman Hall Axiom, etc.)
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- MBA and/or CPA highly desired
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work