A Business Analyst is familiar with specific business processes and the systems/Applications supporting those processes with the ability to provide detailed answers to business questions associated with the supported Applications. A Business Analyst provides support to a project and or business function. The Business Analyst must have product, technology, or industry-related specialized skills and must have substantial process and workflow experience in a given business function.
A Business Analyst will:
• Facilitates the gathering of business requirements of Customer Entities for new scope and/or functionality for existing and/or new Applications associated with Customer's business process(es), in addition to gathering and reporting the non-functional requirements.
• Develops both functional and non-functional business requirements, written to ensure traceability to test cases.
Works with Solution Architect to confirm all requirements are met with recommended solution.
• Coordinates user acceptance testing with the business.
• Manages IT processes designed to prioritize and enable implementation of solutions to meet new business requirements of Customer.
• Provides clear communication to Customer's business unit and IT leaders (as specified by Customer) on the status of maintenance, enhancements and new Projects.
• Works as a member of a team or independently to perform a functional role in support of the solution construction, implementation, and system integration in a technology/industry specialty. Responds to varying business requirements.
• Performs many assigned functional tasks including study, analysis, design and testing. Provides analytical ability and creativity in developing, implementing, and documenting solution deliverables for Projects.
• Provides business and functional advice to Project Managers and Team Leads, as well as, gives business and functional direction to team members including service providers or their approved subcontractors.
• Participates in translation of business requirements of Customer Entities into specific system, Application or process designs (this includes working as a team member with Customer personnel to identify functional and non-functional requirements and subsequently working on the identification, justification and design of the solution for Customer).
• Participates in multiple design and documentation activities, from requirements analysis to systems, Application and/or process design specification, and associated functional training materials.Be extremely organized and detail-oriented with the ability to communicate with both business personnel and technical experts
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
• 20 hours of ongoing professional training per year
5+ years experience in role with:
• Experience, knowledge, and exposure to various project delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)
• Strong process orientation and analytical problem solving skills including the ability to interpret and clarify technical issues
• Demonstrated facilitation skills, written and verbal communications skills, organizational skills, and the ability to deliver clear, concise presentations
• Demonstrated team spirit with strong adaptability, openness to feedback, and the ability to work cooperatively and creatively across an organization
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Visio
• Demonstrated experience working under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience working independently in high-priority situations
• Demonstrated understanding of business case justification methodology used to recommend process improvements or technology enhancements
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflict
• Experience with ITIL
• Utility background preferred where appropriate
• Certified Business Analyst Professional (or related certification)
• ITIL v3 or v4 a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.