Provides direct and indirect patient care in the patient care setting, utilizing the nursing process. Responsible for the direction of patient care activities in the department, provides management of operational and nursing activities. Consults with staff, physicians, and department director on operational problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient care needs are met. Manages staff members within the department. Assists with HR functions such as hiring, counseling, evaluations and scheduling.
Qualifications :RequireRequired Education:
- Assists the department director with the day-to-day operation of the department, including the management of patient flow in the department, staffing, and quality monitoring.
- Supervises and evaluates staff members in day to day work, assists them in their education and growth as members of the team.
- Attends and participates in assigned committee's both departmental specific and CCH.
- Completes a focused patient assessment based on patient complaint, with reassessments based on patient's condition, procedures, medications given and treatments.
- Adequately assesses and reassesses pain, utilizing appropriate pain management techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and the patient's clinical condition. Follows the 6 rights of medication administration to reduce the potential for medication errors.
- Assists physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
- Notifies physicians in a timely manner of changes in the patient's condition and response to treatment.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Educates patient and family on disease process.
Bachelor's degree is preferredRequired License:
Registered Nurse in North Carolina is required (or compact state)Required Certification:
BLS is required within 30 days of hire
ACLS is required within 6 months of hire
Additional certifications are required by departmentOther:
1 year of experience in a health care setting is required
1 year of experience as a charge nurse or other management role is preferred