The Nurse Manager in collaboration with the Nursing Director is the vital link between the mission and vision of Maine Medical Center and the delivery of safe patient and family centered care that is compassionate, evidence-based, and provides highest quality care. Reporting through the Nursing Director, this role requires collaboration with staff, physicians, directors, other professional colleagues and occasionally senior administration, to meet the diverse and continually changing challenges of the health care environment. The Nurse Manager must be a creative, autonomous, future-oriented, risk-taking entrepreneur who applies nursing expertise, critical thinking, and effective leadership and management skills to ensure that quality care is provided through satisfied and inspired professionals on a daily basis.
CTICU is a 12-bed unit that houses adult patients with cardiothoracic ailments, which works in closecollaborationwith SCU, CICU and R1 to give the patient the best care possible.
Maine is a Lifestyle! Click here to learn more! Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: BSN required. Masters preferred.
- License/Certifications: Requires current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Experience: Requires advanced knowledge and expertise in providing care in order to oversee others and serve as effective resource at a level normally acquired through two or three years of progressive experience.
- Requires interpersonal and management skills in order to deal with complex management problems. Communicates effectively with unit and administrative personnel, physicians, a variety of other hospital staff and persons within the community.
- Requires a high level of critical thinking and analytical skills to make management decisions at unit level and make recommendations for consideration on departmental issues.
- Requires the ability to integrate the knowledge of teaching principles and counseling techniques in order to direct the growth of the unit staff.
- Requires a high level of organization skills, effective time management and delegation strategies that include the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust work flow according to changing unit needs.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.