is a McKesson business and reflects McKesson's continued focus and investment in oncology and the unrelenting belief that innovation can create meaningful improvement in millions of patients' lives. McKesson is a leader in supporting clinical success and access to therapies in oncology, and supports over 3,600 oncologists in the US, and thousands of other healthcare professionals such as nurses, pharmacists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Building on McKesson's deep roots in oncology, ontada combines a market-leading suite of technologies for oncology clinicians with data and intelligence capabilities relied on by life sciences companies to drive clinical and commercial strategies. Position Descriptionontada's
Provider Education & Engagement (PE&E) team works with oncology drug manufacturers to educate those providers supported by McKesson, and to gather and share insights from providers to drug manufacturers. It also offers a training program (Oncology University) for drug manufacturers and other stakeholders wanting to better understand community oncology.
This position is responsible for the operations and growth strategy related to ontada's market research portfolio (advisory boards, surveys, etc.), as well Oncology University.
Check out our website for examples of how we facilitate education to providers! https://www.ontada.com/Life-Sciences-Solutions
- Oversee and/or participate in the operations (planning and delivery) of market research and Oncology University programs, with high customer satisfaction.
- Achieve / exceed yearly revenue target and develop and implement growth strategy for areas of responsibility.
- Provide subject matter expertise and collaborate with the Business Development team and Life Sciences companies to secure commitments around product portfolio of responsibility (includes customer meetings, contract review and negotiation).
- Coordinate the development of educational content and presentations for Oncology University.
- Collaborate with customer to build curriculum for each Oncology University.
- Manage, coach and develop direct report(s).
- Adhere to all Ontada's principles, policies and procedures as well as HIPAA and other laws and regulations regarding privacy and other healthcare related matters.
Oversee and/or participate in the operations (planning and delivery) of market research and Oncology University programs under the individual's responsibilities, with high customer satisfaction. 40% of time Provide subject matter expertise and collaborate with the sales team and pharma-biotech companies to secure commitments around product portfolio of responsibility (includes customer meetings, contract review and negotiation). 15% of time Develop and implement growth strategy for areas of responsibility. 15% of time Coordinate the development of educational content and presentations for Oncology University that align with curriculum developed in collaboration with customer. 20% of time Manage, coach and develop direct reports 10% of timeMinimum Requirements
Typically has 6+ years of professional experience and 0-2 years' supervisory experience. Critical Skills
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and experience with market research fundamentals; including focus groups, advisory boards and survey development.
- Experience in product / project management in planning market research projects and events.
- Previous supervisory/ managerial experience in leading a team.
- Experience with developing educational content, curriculum and presentations.
- Knowledge and experience of Pharma-Biotech industry and/or Oncology.
- Strategic and innovative mindset in product development and it's expansion.
- Strong customer focus and ability to work directly with customer to build curriculum and/or program that meets customer needs. Track record of high customer service satisfaction.
- Exceptional communications skills required.
- Advanced computer skills – basic computer applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
Degree or equivalent experience. College degree (business, marketing or other related field) preferred. MBA a plus. Working Conditions
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) –
• Based out of The Woodlands, TX office
• Travel up to 25% Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) –
• Computer based work is required. McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!