Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Logistics Technician to join our team in the Herndon, VA area.
We are seeking aLogistics Technician IIto support program development and execution, equipment and material management and inventory control while utilizing enhanced OPSEC protocols in support of customer requirements in the Herndon area. A Logistics Technician II must have experience in monitoring progress and status of procurement efforts and be able to identify program/project performance issues and risks. Ideally the candidate would have some technical experience related to inventory management software. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Each Logistics Technician must perform a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, inspecting, inventorying, loading, unloading, segregating, storing, issuing, delivering supplies and equipment, and be capable of performing applicable research and cataloging.
- Help keep track of multiple active procurement efforts via ongoing communication with vendors and suppliers, confirming lead times and delivery dates.
- Use established protocols and record keeping systems to document activities while considering improvements to streamline processes.
- Assist in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement, and traffic flow.
- Prepare items for processing which include operating a computer terminal and bar code reader.
- Data entry of pertinent information related to equipment and procurement
- Ensure accountability when receiving, storing, and issuing.
- Ensure that special documentation remains with materials throughout the storage/issue process.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within the warehouse shipping/receiving area.
- Operate forklifts ranging in size up to 10,000 pounds.
- Prepare inventory and production reports, screen and identify shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and direct stock for shipping or storage.
- Repair wooden containers and pallets when necessary.
- Unloads, unpacks, visually inspects, counts, segregates, palletizes, and stores supplies and equipment.
- Advise supervisor about inconsistent shipment information, defective material or property, and damage from shipping.
- Collaborate with team members to build and maintain strong relationships and foster a cohesive and effective team.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2 to 5 years of related warehouse management experience
- Attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and work well under time constraints
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Able to use PC and MS Office
- Able to use Jira and create projects within the system
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to work on a team, with strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently when necessary
- A creative and proactive thinker who enjoys solving complex problems
- Strong communication skills
- Valid driver's license with good record
- Basic internet research skills.
- Must be a US Citizen with an Active/Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Sitting or standing at a desk for 50% of the day
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another
- Able to carry, lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Communicating with others to exchange information
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license.The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.