Title: Senior Assistant Manager
Reports To: Area Manager
Drive Profitable Sales Growth:
- Maximize opportunities, in partnership with Store Manager, to increase top-line sales while continually exploring ways to improve business.
- Continually coaches and develops Assistant Managers to exceed performance goals to increase profitability.
- Provides tools and coaching to help crew achieve productivity goals.
- Sources and supports in-store and company driven events to drive traffic and incremental sales.
- Coaches Assistant Managers to prioritize business needs to ensure tasking does not interfere with the customer experience.
- Recognize crew contributions to support motivation and customer engagement.
- Use Profit & Loss Statements along with Payroll Reports, in partnership with Store Manager, to identify opportunities to drive bottom-line profitability.
- Trains team to support store compliance with operational standards, expectations and federal law.
- Communicates any Harbor Drive initiatives to store team.
- Supports Store Manager to continually evaluate store operations for opportunities to enhance efficiency, productivity and profitability.
- Coaches Assistant Managers to develops loss prevention awareness among all crew members maintaining efficient merchandise controls.
- Exercises prudence regarding personal/team expenses and supply management.
Build Better Relationships with our Customers:
- Inspires their store team to reflect Shep and Ian's vision of "Every Day Should Feel this Good" by identifying coaching opportunities to our values and brand experience words.
- Coaches Assistant Managers, while Hosting the Party, to ensure their crew is utilizing the WHALE Experience skills to drive sales.
- Trains and develops store team to build a profitable Hug Book that drives incremental sales. This includes Top 100 Reports, Wish Lists and Clienteling.
- Partners with fellow managers to develop strategies to grow Customer Capture and Acquisition in the store and community.
- Continually educates managers, crew and customers regarding product information and brand initiatives.
- Ensures managers and crew support a positive customer experience through proper practices and procedures.
- Coaches Assistant Managers to make merchandise moves based on sell-through and customer feedback to drive business. Supports store merchandising to reflect current compass, brand initiatives and local customer needs.
- Actively coaches team to look for replenishment opportunities through.
- Audits store cleanliness, folding and visual standards on a regular basis.
Make vineyard vines a Better Place to Work:
- Assist Store Manager in education and development of Assistant Store Manager, Crew Lead and Crew Members.
- Regularly sources brand appropriate talent and maintains talent pool to fill open positions in a timely manner in partnership with their Store Manager.
- Responsible for creating an agenda for management meetings to be reviewed by the Store Manager.
- Primary point person to address all Human Resource issues in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Coaches team to maintain a welcoming, fun, engaging, energetic yet professional store environments that adhere to all Human Resource policies and laws.
- Partners with Store Manager to, creates weekly schedules and supports meeting payroll expectations.
- Supports management to source and execute crew meetings and team building exercises.
- Recognizes and rewards crew performance.
- Builds an environment that fosters open and respectful communication with crew and corporate partners.
- 2+ years as Assistant Store Manager in similar volume, type business
- 3+ years total retail experience
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to plan, manage time, and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proven success in staff development and mentorship
- Commitment to career growth of self and others
- Team focused, confident, and professional
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to perform effective selling techniques to achieve sale and repeat business
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, overnights, weekends
- Belief in leading by example and likewise, exude a leadership as service mentality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Passion for the vineyard vines brand