Location: Columbia, MD
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Location: Denver, CO
Enterprise is a national nonprofit on a mission to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging for all. To make that possible, we operate the only organization designed to address America's affordable housing crisis from every angle: we develop and deploy programs and support community organizations on the ground; we advocate for policy on a nonpartisan basis at every level of government; we invest capital to build and preserve rental homes people can afford; and we own, operate and provide resident services for affordable communities. All so that people not only make rent, they build futures. With this end-to-end approach, 40 years of experience and thousands of local partners, Enterprise has built and preserved 793,000 affordable homes, invested $61 billion in communities and changed millions of lives.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with an exceptional benefits package.
Job Description Summary
Enterprise Community Investment is searching for a Real Estate Financial Analyst with strong financial and analytical skills to assist with the underwriting of tax credit projects. We are seeking a talented, motivated and experienced individual who possesses leadership potential. The ideal candidate will prosper in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
***We have 1 opening that can be located in either Columbia, MD, Denver, CO, Portland, OR or Los Angeles, CA.
- Assist with underwriting multifamily developments financed with the Low Income Tax Credit.
- Perform financial projections and evaluating potential investments.
- Prepare submissions to the Investment Committee.
- Coordinate project closings with attorneys, accountants and developers.
- Establish good working relationships with developers of affordable housing.
- Independently model real estate development and operations financial performance with precision
- Create investment screening memos that balance the nuance of a credit document and a marketing document
- Manage assigned LIHTC acquisitions bid workflow to deliver offers on-time in coordination with Originator
- Use Salesforce to facilitate internal communication regarding deals
- Use Salesforce to document feedback and decision-making on deals for reference through an investment's lifecycle
- Address non-critical business issues on behalf of an Originator
- Take on special projects for the acquisitions team as assigned
- BS/BA in Finance, Real Estate or Urban Planning or related field; preferably with some experience of real estate underwriting. Masters degree highly preferred
- Directly related experience in real estate development, preferably affordable housing; and previous work with nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, relationship management skills and writing skills.
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and concepts preferred; basic knowledge of LIHTC a plus.
- Ability to maintain big picture focus while attending to detailed work and providing thorough documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and accurately in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and stringent deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong communications and writing skills.
- Must have a record of high integrity.
- Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, solve problems and possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to work under stress/pressure.
- Ability to travel for flights up to 6 hours, or in automobile, or train.
- Ability to climb stairs offsite at project sites.
- When visiting project sites, incumbent may be exposed to varying environmental conditions (e.g. outdoor weather, dirt, dust, and other construction work site hazards).
- Valid driver's license required.
- Have experience in the LIHTC industry
- Consistently exhibit an understanding of broader real estate investment concepts as well as LIHTC-specific concepts, including tax;
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver highly accurate work quickly;
- Exhibit judgment about when to raise a potential risk (financial, relationship, fiduciary, reputational, et al.) to a supervisor vs handling it independently; and
- Full mastery of Enterprise systems including Salesforce, Teams (OneNote), SharePoint, Workday et al.