Building Maintenance Engineer
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is the largest owner/operator of medical office properties in the nation. HTA is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that acquires, owns and operates medical office buildings. Since 2006, the company has invested $7.5 billion in medical office buildings and other healthcare assets comprising more than 25.4 million square feet across 32 states.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Building Maintenance Engineer otherwise known as Facilities Maintenance is responsible for providing facilities & property maintenance to a local portfolio of medical office buildings. This position involves the coordination, management and physical activity associated with the operation and maintenance of various building systems for commercial medical office facilities. Building Engineer is expected to provide the skills, knowledge and capabilities necessary to oversee and perform these duties as necessary for the proper operation and management of such facilities.
This position takes daily assignments from the Property Manager for buildings they are assigned through verbal and electronic communications. Works in collaboration with other building engineers, Chief and Regional Chief Engineer within that market to establish daily priorities, coordinate multiple assignments and establish plans and timelines for resolution of various task. The Building Engineer also provides assistance to the Property & Construction Manager as directed.
The position requires the ability to work independently, take initiative, and show a desire to continually improve building systems and provide excellent customer service through tenant interactions.
- Oversee, and perform preventative maintenance tasks, and light duty construction. This includes physical structures; plumbing systems repair; all aspects of HVAC operation, including: Chillers; Roof Top Package Units, Heat Pumps and Split Systems; electrical distribution and other various building systems found in commercial MOB's.
- Assist in the implementation of safety policies and procedures related to the daily operations of the facilities. Participation in safety knowledge, and skills training
- Provide input and regular communication to the Property Manager, Chief and Regional Chief Engineer on repairs, projects, operational and capital expense budgeting.
- Assist in required daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual required building inspections, and institute required corrections and/or Preventative Maintenance systems and schedules as needed.
- Work with and Supervise subcontractors and vendors as required to carry out the various responsibilities of such 3rd party services.
- Manage tenant request and preventative maintenance requirements through Angus Anywhere an on-line work order system including, respond and verify completion of all service calls.
- May perform other duties as assigned and as needed to assist in the management of responsibilities associated with commercial medical office facilities.
Following are the minimum experience requirements of this position:
- High school education or GED required
- 3-5 years of service on commercial office mechanical systems
- Experience with building automation, fire life safety and low voltage systems (ems controls and security systems) preferred
- Valid driver's license and must meet company safe motor vehicle operation criteria
- 3-5 year experience in a service oriented position or environment
- 5 years hands on maintenance experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of building mechanical and electrical system
- Past experience working independently with little or no supervision required
Other skill requirements:
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills required
- Outstanding customer service skills required
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts, and the ability to lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50lbs)
- Must be willing to assist at other properties within the portfolio from time to time as needed
- Willingness to work on call, after normal business hours and weekends when required
- A great part of candidate's time may be in the field, thus verbal and written communication with other staff is imperative
- Ability to comprehend and use technology to aid in the management of duties; Computers, Mobile Smart Phone, Energy Management Systems and diagnostic equipment
- Note: During the COVID-19 Pandemic, HTA requires all staff members to wear PPE (KN95 Mask and protective gloves), abide by the CDC recommended social distancing and complete a daily COVID health survey while at the property.
To submit your resume for this
position email (see application details)
or click the button below.