Location: Dubuque, Iowa - 1398 Central Ave
Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"(c)
The Web/Front End Developer is responsible for building a high quality, human-focused customer experience/portal that changes the way our customers and employees interact. The role translates designs into crisp code and configurations to build thoughtful experiences centered around our customers and employees. The position partners with functional teams to determine customer needs, brainstorm solutions, generate website mockups and prototypes, present these prototypes to stakeholders, and both develop and optimize live platforms.
- Creates and designs end user-focused experiences for our Digital Customer Portal as directed by Digital Technology Leadership.
- Analyzes product requirements and develops appropriate technical solutions to ensure successful implementation.
- Maintains and develops enterprise application integrations using middleware tools and/or custom-developed REST/SOAP endpoints.
- Implements workflow rules, validation rules, approval processes, reports and dashboards.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Web and/or Salesforce solution architecture including: configuration, development, integration and customization of complex environments.
- Develops code and configurations following Heartland and industry standard best practices that serve as the foundation of future projects.
- Deploys features up to team quality standards through automated testing, code reviews, QA and deployment best practices.
- Adheres to department standards for Change and Incident Management.
- Optimizes applications/sites to improve performance and efficiency.
- Authors technical documentation that provides reference when designing, building, deploying, supporting, maintaining applications.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and advancements.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Computer Science or
- related field; or equivalent experience required
- Web focus:
- 1-3 years working in front-end web development required
- Experience building functional and effective web based platforms
- Experience with integrations with Web services and external systems using SOAP, WSDL, REST, SSL standards, security models and typical API client architecture
- SFDC focus:
- Experience with integrations with Force.com Web services and external systems using SOAP, WSDL, REST, SSL standards, security models and typical API client architecture
- Basic understanding of admin activities like - user creation, role/profile set up, Security set up etc.
- Developer Certification (Platform Dev 1), Advanced Developer Certification (DEV 501 or Platform Dev 2) and/or Plus to have Advanced Admin (ADM301) or Consultant (Sales Cloud/Service Cloud) Certifications
- Strong understanding of agile software delivery
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages, such as Java, C#, Python, or Ruby
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous internal stakeholder and external client-facing application development experience
- User Experience design and implementation experience and training
- Experience building functional and effective Salesforce Lightning components leveraging Apex and Visualforce
- Strong technical portfolio that demonstrates a broad range of abilities, preferably in a Financial Services environment
- Working knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational databases
Scheduled Weekly Hours: