Since it opened in 1948, Arconic's Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic's businesses as a single solution to customers.
Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,400 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 25 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $300 million investment over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace supply plant and is today the hub of Arconic's $3 billion aerospace business.
We have an immediate need for an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor. This position role provides leadership & direction to their crew in support of Electrical Utilities in the Plant.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Ensure a safe work environment and a work place that causes no harm to the environment
- Manage assets in a cost-effective manner including proper equipment operations equipment availability
- Ensure long term viability of existing equipment
- Develop a technically capable maintenance workforce that is customer oriented, responsive, and flexible.
- Ensure critical maintenance functions are integrated into the day-to-day operations of the department
- Support operating results through the management of subordinates with emphasis on quantity, quality, timeliness, safety, recovery, and delivery performance;
- Ensure work is allocated fairly and clearly assigned to crew members; formulate and assign tasks within guidelines established by Department management;
- Determine and deploy appropriate crewing arrangements for planned and unplanned situations based on absences, schedule requirements, equipment availability, and vacations within labor agreement guidelines;
- Advance the business objectives regarding quality (consistency and reliability) and costs (supplies);
- Identify opportunities for problem-solving teams targeting waste elimination;
- Ability to seek cooperation from and influence others; develop relationships and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Implement the maintenance strategic plan to ensure cost effective asset management, long term viability of equipment, long term improvement of the maintenance organization and competent, well-rounded individuals to support operations.
- Track performance and progress towards achieving department goals.
- Lead individual safety discussions and job specific safety reviews.
- Lead in rapid response to breakdown situations.
- Ensure completion of work occurring on shift in a cost-effective manner to ensure proper process and environmental equipment operation and availability.
- Gathering data for root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques for major exceptions.
- Work with craftspeople to apply root cause analysis and rapid problem-solving techniques to minor exceptions to find and eliminate the fundamental problems.
- Train, coach & mentor their team of individuals and provide challenging assignments.
- Recognize and reward people in their group for working as a team to meet the Maintenance and Production department objectives.