Senior Technical Project Manager
Implementation Boston, Massachusetts
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world's leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect-improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
Uplight is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
As an STPM, you will be the main face of Uplight to our clients during active implementations and will be responsible for the overall project management of our SaaS solution rollout. You will be the go-to resource for customers and internal stakeholders, providing a single point of contact on a project timeline, status, and risks while driving an on-time, on-budget implementation.
To be successful, you'll need to collaborate with both internal and external resources, including utility business and IT staff, utility third-party vendors and integrators, and Uplight Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Success. The right candidate needs to be adept and effective at cross-functional communication and coordination. Overall, we're looking for an STPM that will focus on deploying and integrating SaaS for our utility partners. This person will be both in charge of client communication and internal project management surrounding a launch.
Our implementation team's background includes technical project management and software implementation consulting. We hire proven stars in these fields, but we also make bets on promising up-and-comers that have shown massive success in other fields or academia.
What you will contribute:
- Act as a trusted advisor to our utility partners, managing the execution of the product launches including planning, project management, and client engagement focusing on an on-time launch and a satisfied customer.
- Conduct kickoff workshops to guide the client through the project plan, customer experience, timeline, and risks
- Program Management - coordinate multiple project tracks at one customer and/or complex client management
- Effectively communicate program status and health of projects to clients.
- Manage risk register and communicate internally and externally to set and manage expectations
- Proactively communicate with customers via phone, email, telepathy, etc. to ensure effective and delightful user experiences.
- Act as an internal point of contact for deployment, tracking to contracted deliverables, and tracking to promised timelines.
- Actively communicate with Solution Architect, Implementation Engineering, and other internal teams to promote client needs and ensure delivery of work as outlined in scopes of work.
- Seamlessly transition the account to the identified account/ client success manager and operations as needed after launch.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for launches, such as checklists, epics, onboarding documentation, and other templates to be more efficient in future launches.
- Coordinate UAT in collaboration with Solution Architect and Implementation Engineering to ensure new features are completed as intended and free from significant bugs before being delivered to the client.
- Support sales as an expert in SaaS implementation and associated timelines. Collaborate with the Product and engineering teams to scope and schedule future engagement requirements and schedules. Act as reviewer and subject matter expert for SOW and contracting.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission.
- Technical project management for large enterprise deployments, ideally SaaS B2B enterprise applications.
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working with external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects of varying scopes with customers across the country.
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential.
- Vigorous written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone.
- Experience maintaining a positive relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 500+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and....we love to laugh!
We also provide:
Salary Range: $83,000 USD to $105,000 USD (dependent on experience)
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.