Senior Budget Analyst
Front Range Community College
Senior Budget Analyst - College-Wide, Westminster Campus
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community Colleges Pathways Project , recently selected as a "Most Promising Place to Work" in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant investments in advising and other student support programs.
We also have a strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community and will support our Philosophy of Inclusion .
We are guided by the philosophy "One College, Many Communities." Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices , but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following: www.frontrange.edu and VISION 2020 .
Who You Are
As the Senior Budget Analyst, you will report to and work with the Director of Budgets and Auxiliary Services on college-wide budget activity to support campus staff in monitoring and managing budgets and actual expenses for general, auxiliary, and plant funds. You will also work closely with the both the Director of the Department and with the Budget Analyst to provide timely information and assistance.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with an extended priority deadline of May 10, 2021.
In your application, please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Senior Budget Analyst .
SALARY: mid $60s annually
BENEFITS: 2020 - 2021 APT & Faculty Benefits
- Serve as the primary interface between campus and divisional leadership teams to provide a consistent level of strategic budget management support.
- Supports the Director Budgets and Auxiliary Services in general fund budget development, maintenance, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Coordinates the creation and distribution of monthly budget to actual reports and annual variance analyses, and supports budget transfer processes so budget owners can effectively manage their non-personnel budgets.
- Coordinates the creation, maintenance and distribution of the staffing pattern database, and the distribution of vacancy savings and vacant position reports so college leadership can effectively manage their personnel budgets.
- Develops and delivers effective budget training for college leadership and budget owners.
- Supports the financial aspect of new and ongoing academic program review processes by developing and maintaining analytic tools including the new program financial analysis, existing program financial analysis, and high school programs financial analysis tools.
- Manage, and update as necessary, routine processes including but not limited to the development and maintenance of the staffing pattern database and the distribution of monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Receive, prepare, and respond to regular requests for information from internal and external stakeholders including annual college-wide budget plans, analyses, and reports.
- Designs and provides ad hoc analyses proactively and upon request.
- This is a college-wide position, so some travel between campuses is necessary.
- Supervises, coaches, and develops the Budget Analyst.
- Supports and develops a positive department culture that embraces quality, process efficiency, innovation, trust, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Support the Director Budgets and Auxiliary Services in development and implementation of strategic plans, objectives and priority initiatives for Budget Services.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES :
- Advanced Financial Analysis Skills : Create expense/revenue projections, identify trends, financial reporting including variance analysis, financial forecasting, ad hoc reporting, analysis of large data sets and use of advanced formulas, graphs, pivot tables and filters in Excel.
- Analytical Thinking: Retrieve, organize and interpret data, assess situations, and provide recommendations; use sound judgement.
- Communication: Convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing especially as it relates to financial information. Listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Leadership/Supervision: Mentor and supervise the budget analyst ensuring the understanding of the work of the unit and the work delivered.
- Problem Solving : Identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues.
- Customer Focus: Strive for high customer satisfaction (internal and external) by providing high quality, timely reports and analyses.
- Administrative Skills : Ensure own work and work of the Budget Analyst is complete and accurate with high attention to detail; use systems of organization to ensure work progress is timely manner; establish plans and develop systems and processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or closely related field
- A valid driver's license, regular travel required
- 5-7 years of budget or other closely related experience
- Advanced use of Excel, Proficient in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Financial analysis skills
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.