Arconic is currently in search of a Senior Staff Process Engineer to join our team at our Global Rolled Products (GRP) business unit located in Davenport, IA.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic' s Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,400 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 20 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $500 million investment over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace & automotive supply plant and is today the hub of Arconic's $4 billion aerospace business.
The Senior Staff Process Engineer will provide support and leadership to the Rolling manufacturing and process areas. In this role, you will lead process improvement efforts on Rolling mills to improve equipment operation, product recovery, and support product development.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide current and broad-based expertise in process control systems theory, analysis, design, modelling, and optimization
- Monitor and evaluate the rolling process for the improvement of process performance and quality using data analytical tools as required
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for mill operation and engineering personnel in understanding, training, & tailoring rolling equipment and the process control system to the quality, utilization, and cost control needs of Davenport Works
- Support Davenport and corporate personnel in hardware installation, software design & integration, process experimentation, and capability studies to ensure successful transfer of Arconic developed technology
- Support product development with investigation and optimization of rolling models and processes required to process and qualify new products
- Advise/counsel/lead failure analysis; participate in and lead problem solving teams, identification of root cause and solutions and organize support from other resources
- Maintain excellent working relationship with internal customers (such as: corporate technical resources, leadership teams, production, quality and maintenance resources) and external suppliers to ensure process improvement needs are understood and met
- Although this position is primarily a first shift position, due to the 24/7 manufacturing environment, working off-shift hours and/or weekends to support operations is expected, although not always required
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Information Technology Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum ten (10) years of engineering experience with minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of Rolling theory and Rolling process for metals or paper industry
- Basic understanding of statistics and data analytical techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in Industrial controls, programming (PLCs, C++, Python, Java, etc)
- Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility is required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Advanced College degree (M.S or Ph.D.) demonstrating new process or product development and data analytical tools knowledge and proficiency
- Ten (10) or more years of experience with manufacturing processes and principles, equipment and components; including but not limited to: facilities and industrial infrastructure, cranes, electrical power systems, control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, pumps, etc.
- Ten (10) years or more experience and demonstrated proficiency in Rolling theory and Rolling processes for Aluminum Industry
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics & statistics applied to quality systems & processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work across departmental boundaries with cross-functional engineering and operations teams
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.