You already love us
Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer's brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer's, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority. Maintenance Engineer located in Phoenix, AR
Your seat at the table
The Maintenance Engineer will support the planned and precision maintenance activities that take place with the production facilities. Supporting the Planned and Precision maintenance activities will include identifying functional failures of mechanical, electrical, and utility assets, development of preventative maintenance procedures with identified tools & appropriate frequencies, developing maintenance and work standards, analyze appropriate storeroom stock levels, and early project management. Functions as the subject matter expert responsible for driving highly technical, cross-functional processes and initiatives that have a significant impact on the business. Provides detailed business analysis to develop strategies to satisfy business objectives. Serves as the technical liaison offering recommendations/proposals in successfully carrying-out organizational initiatives.
- Applies technical skills and ingenuity to the correction of equipment problems causing excessive production downtime and maintenance work.
- Ensure maintainability of new installations.
- Identify and correct chronic and costly equipment problems.
- Technical advice to maintenance and asset owners.
- Design and monitor an effective and economically justified preventive maintenance program.
- Proper operation and care of equipment
- Comprehensive lubrication program
- Inspection, adjustments, parts, replacements, overhauls, etc. for selected equipment
- Vibration and other predictive analyses
- Protection from environment
- Maintain and analyze equipment data and history records to predict maintenance needs on a "programmed" basis.
- Develop the Design for Maintainability (DFM) standards and recommendations for new equipment installations
- Support the development of the Design for Reliability (DFR) standards and recommendations for new equipment installations
- Participate in early project management for new equipment centers
- Identify and refer recommended engineering/design/process changes
- Support the RCM program that will standardize, improve, and sustain equipment up time across multiple departments/plants and gain alignment with Operations and Maintenance departments with best practices.
- Support the FMEA program that will be used to analyze equipment designs, for potential design changes, and to develop equipment strategies.
- Develop the Equipment Maintenance Plan (EMP), along with all procedures, and loads into the CMMS
- Develop and lead the PM Optimization program
- Review/optimize PM schedules and tasks for effectiveness
- Recommend improvements for RCM/Maintenance/Operation processes.
- Responsible for projects as assigned
- Support the storeroom in spare part stocking decisions
- Develop storage standards to ensure spare parts are kept in proper condition.
- Facilitates and leads Root Cause Analysis activities to remove defects from the equipment and business processes
- Develops and implements workmanship standards such as alignment, torqueing, and various installation activities such as belt installation
- Develops procedures for critical maintenance activities such as rebuilds, and complex overhauls in conjunction with the planner
- Support the PdM team with technical expertise in implementing the PdM program
- Develops implementation plan and provides technical leadership to cross-functional teams to identify processes for improvement.
- Creates metrics to monitor progress, and drive cost-reduction opportunities.
- Provides department leaders, business unit leaders, and the executive leadership team members with recommendations on complex operational issues.
- Identifies business drivers using advanced statistical techniques as well as integration of competitive information.
- Provides leaders with decision-making frameworks, analytic guidance and business judgment to drive high-level projects.
- Analyzes complex process and business requirements to determine operational feasibility.
- Evaluates underlying operational risks; leads the development and implementation of viable plans to mitigate risks.
- Prepares management reports indicating solution or range of possible alternatives in rank of desirability and probability of success.
- Maintains an understanding on how business decisions impact different business functions.
- Oversees the completion of projects including planning; assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results.
- Ensures achievement of project goals, project objectives, and project timelines.
- Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
- Provides technical leadership and business expertise to subordinates and peers on complex projects; takes action in directing evaluating project issues and recommending appropriate business solutions.
- Functions as a liaison with customers, other departments, divisions, and organizations to insure functional specifications are met.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Mentors project team members and may assist with the review and evaluation of personnel.
- Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff in technical complexities of assigned work.
What you bring to the table
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable a Master of Science degree plus 3 years of manufacturing engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, or maintenance operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor of Science degree plus 5 years of manufacturing engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, or maintenance operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 9 years of manufacturing engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, or maintenance operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience managing projects and ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with Lean-Six principles, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge of RCM, FMEA, and precision maintenance.
- Master of Science degree plus 5 years of manufacturing engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, or maintenance operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- CMRP or CRE certification
- Skilled in technical writing
- Skilled in reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Experience writing speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Experience effectively present information to top management and boards of directors.
- Skilled in applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Skilled in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, capability, sigma level, and factor analysis.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
- Must possess and apply comprehensive knowledge in this area of specialization to the completion of significant assignments, operating with considerable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Intro to RCM and RCM Facilitator certified.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer's does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.