Tacoma WA 98466, WA
Due to concerns surrounding COVID-19, the college has taken steps to close our campuses to students and the general public through Thursday, April 9th. Over the next several weeks reviews of application submissions, hiring and onboarding processes may be extended beyond our normal timeframes.
We appreciate your patience during this time and thank you for your interest in employment with Tacoma Community College. Who we are (TCC)
Tacoma Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 14,000 students. We embrace our identity as a community college and strongly encourage applications from candidates who recognize and honor the important role that equity, diversity, and inclusion brings to an educational community. Our stated mission is to create meaningful and relevant learning, inspire greater equity, and celebrate success in our lives and in our communities. We are recognized nationally as an, Achieving the Dream "leader college" and our faculty are engaged in innovative work to improve student retention and program completion. According to the Community College Survey of Student Engagement, TCC ranks high on measures of active learning and academic challenge, thanks to our creative and scholarly faculty. We seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community.
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching.
- Is attracted by the campus mission promoting equitable access to educational opportunities.
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for underrepresented populations.
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others.
- Engages effectively with the community both within and outside of TCC.
For information on Tacoma and the surrounding area: (see application details) tacoma Position Highlights
Provides instructional laboratory support services to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. This position prepares laboratory sessions per faculty requirements, coordinate usage of labs and equipment among faculty and students and assists faculty with the preparation and implementation of laboratory activities. Essential Functions
- Provide instructional support during laboratory sessions.
- Set up and put away equipment and supplies for laboratory sessions.
- Work with faculty to coordinate the laboratory activity schedule.
- Recommend equipment and supply purchases related to the instructional program.
- Keep supplies, materials and equipment organized and ready for use.
- Provide other forms of assistance to the program as needed.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience working ina general sonography department.
- Current American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) registry status.
- Experience instructing Sonography students in the clinical or laboratory setting.
- Familiar with federal and state patient safety and confidentiality regulations.
- Demonstrated experience working with and knowledge of safe patient care practices.
- Experience coordinating or organizing activities and scheduling.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Excellent customer service/ patient satisfaction skills.
- Strict confidentiality of all client and related information and sensitivity to student needs.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics, integrity and sound professional judgment.
- Enthusiasm, self-direction, and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions and meet the needs of the department.
- Reliability and integrity in maintaining assigned work schedules and completing assigned tasks.
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Resume and cover letter.
Terms of Employment
This is a part time hourly position scheduled to work up to 17 hours per week. The salary is $25.00 per hour. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet department needs. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Federation of State Employees or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
(see application details)
Benefits not applicable.