Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverses (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
The Indirect Procurement Specialist helps keep AP indirect invoices reviewed from the mail deliveries and email inquiries, trouble shoot invoices delivered, supplier set-ups and follow-up until Supplier is set-up, (range 2-5 a week) , NDAs, punch-out supplier and tool crib purchase orders and daily facility purchase order fulfillment. Trouble shooting supplier issues with payments and requesting invoice access for suppliers. Manage and organize contracts, NDAs and forms. Monthly p-card recon of punchout and p-card expenses on behalf of Manager. Under the direction of the Senior Indirect Sourcing Manager the job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
In addition, as the Indirect Procurement Specialist, you will:
• Execute purchasing arrangements for indirect categories in support of the business strategy and plan related to Professional Services categories
• Identify indirect purchasing suppliers and arrange optimal contracts in terms of pricing, quality, timing and supply availability over the term of the contract
• Develop request for quotations and proposals, analyze supplier response, negotiate, award contracts, and manage post-award supplier activities
• Negotiate pricing, terms and commercial conditions of agreements and manage through the contract life-cycle.
• Conduct timely reviews with suppliers to measure performance against contractual standards and performance expectations
• Develop and maintain long term relationships with suppliers to ensure a high-quality level and reliable sources of supplies and information to support the business needs
• Work with Senior Indirect Sourcing Manager to review category spend to develop strategies and monitor all key indicators related to assigned categories
• Ability to influence and interact with all levels of the organization
• Review spend and industry trends frequently
• Delivers savings and cost-avoidance results and provides actionable insight supporting strategic initiatives
• Initiate cross-functional strategic sourcing teams to address specific opportunities
• Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned and work independently
High School Diploma or GED equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of experience with indirect procurement support, procurement, purchasing process.
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.