Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverses (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
The Spares & Logistics Senior Manager is responsible for creating, owning and managing strategy and associated tasks to ensure the business enterprise effectively meets the aftermarket spare parts/tool demand for the assigned program products. The leader will be accountable for either owning or partnering in the areas of forecasting, planning, inventory supply and delivery for the assigned programs on a global basis. Works closely with the top leadership and program partners for WW supply to ensure right spares at right time at right price to our customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for aftermarket spares support as a contributor to the business.
- Develop, manage and update Sales Plans (current and future years)
- Protect committed operating margins by tracking/controlling costs and any offered discounts.
- Support the definition of program plans and translate into requirements/milestones for the procurement of inventory to meet aftermarket supply/demand. Obtain necessary approvals for inventory increases as required.
- Develop metrics and dashboard reporting to ensure appropriate look ahead as well as measurement of activities, fulfillment, OTD etc.
- Engage as needed to develop or improve complex processes with our programs and partners across the globe
- Maintain appropriate connections between the Production, Engineering, Sourcing, planning, Quality, Fulfillment organizations and the Customer Supply chain delivery requirements to the aftermarket.
- Accountable for development and timely release of annual Spare Parts Catalogues (by program).
- Work with the supply /demand spares planners to ensure right spares inventory at right time to our customers.
- · Collaborate with the planning, sourcing & delivery leaders to develop and implement efficient/effective P.O. fulfillment strategies as well as efficient and effective new product/tooling/parts introduction.
- Serves as representative for business reviews. Present to programs, partners or top leadership as required.
- Ensure processes in place for maintaining a reverse logistics process for return of parts from customers.
- Support negotiations/discussions of supplier agreements and/or warranty processes as needed
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 10 additional years of experience in Spares and associated logistics support with demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects/people.
- Global supply chain experience in the regulated Aerospace industry strongly preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience in supply chain, warehousing and fulfillment of customer orders for parts
- 2-5 years in lean six-sigma experience dealing with spares preferred
- Effective analytical, problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and SAP. With emphasis on Excel, SAP and Oracle.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment in order to achieve goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time (domestic & international)
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Posting ID: 621116271Posted: 2021-04-30Job Title: Senior Manager