Construction Administrative Assistant
Corporate Office, Houston, Texas
Performs complex administrative work. Supports and enhances the capacity of various supervisor(s) to fulfill their responsibilities and to meet their expectations. Expected to work with minimal instruction or supervision. Will provide support to Vice President and will work with Project Managers and other administrative assistants as needed to provide full support to construction corporate office.
Support National and/or Regional Facilities Directors with administrative support to include excel spreadsheets & formulas, word, power point and scheduling, filing, meeting notes, travel arrangements, etc. Track department and capital budget and repositions monthly/ YTD budget and variances in JDE. Prepare and maintain department and construction contracts and related invoicing and submit for payment. Coordinate payment of department invoices and process all expenses, p-card statements and Human Resources forms. Maintain public folder with most current facility forms. Coordinate preparation of capital budget process and forms and have full knowledge of linking excel forms, tracking charts and have extensive knowledge of excel formulas. Update deductible reserve claims. Prepare monthly capital reconciliation and distribute. Learn how to use OneSite and capital budget software. Special event and project planning and coordination as requested. Cover reception desk three hours per month. Enhance and present a positive image of the company and a professional manner toward employees, staff and the public. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in general clerical functions involving the department. This will include travel arrangements and coordinating events and appointments.
- Reconciles purchasing cards for supervisor(s) and submits reports to accounting.
- Conducts research and gathers information in support of the supervisor's decision-making responsibilities.
- Supports the project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc. Takes meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs basic follow-up.
- Assisting in administrative functions of project-related assignments including overall planning, tracking and documentation of one or several projects from the project proposal phase to the project closeout. Projects are typically outlined with specific guidelines to be followed.
- Being experienced in financial budgeting and reporting is advantageous for the position.
- Prepare contracts for the project and maintain all documentation. Communication with contractors is important.
- Track department and capital budget and repositions monthly / year to date budget and variances.
- Prepare and maintain department and construction contracts and related invoicing and submit for payment.
- Coordinate payment of department invoices and process all expenses, p-card statements and Human Resources forms.
- Maintain public folder with most current facility forms.
- Coordinate preparation of capital budget process and forms and have full knowledge of linking excel forms, tracking charts and have extensive knowledge of excel formulas.
- Update deductible reserve claims.
- Prepare monthly capital reconciliation and distribute.
- Learn how to use OneSite and capital budget software.
- Special event and project planning and coordination as requested.
- Enhance and present a positive image of the company and a professional manner toward employees, staff and the public.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Highschool diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years' experience in corporate office administration and environment administrative level supporting multiple managers.
- Billing experience necessary.
- 3-5 years Construction industry experience.
- Direct experience with facilities / construction administration.
- 1-3 years experience performing complex clerical duties. Advanced training in typing and general office procedures. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Access data base, Publisher or design programs.
- Constructware (Autodesk) experience would be helpful but not required.
- Advanced software skills in Microsoft Office.
And here's the fine print HR wants you to know:
- Job is intermittently sedentary but requires mobility (i.e., climb stairs)
- Will use some repetitive motion of hand-wrist in using computer and writing
- Must handle stressful, urgent, novel and diverse work situations on a daily basis
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position
- Works in a typical office setting
- Hazards can be avoided with proper lifting techniques, SDS and general safety training
- May require long hours and odd schedules (including weekends)
- Position requires periodic travel by automobile to handle work-related activities
- May require airline travel, out-of-town and /or overnight trips
- Attendance and punctuality is essential for success in this position
- Contact your HR team for the position's Physical Demands Analysis
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Camden may add or change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs. Employees must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
To learn more about our awesome Benefits, visit Camden Benefits .