What you'll do
Helena's truck drivers do more than just deliver our goods to our customers. They play a lead role in making Helena the trusted resource for our customers. Our truck drivers are the face of Helena. We look for drivers that not only make safety their highest priority but are reliable and dependable. We seek friendly faces that represent Helena in a courteous and professional manner while out on the road and at the home office. Our drivers are required to use tact and diplomacy in all situations dealing with our customers and other Helena team members.
What your day may look like
- Assists in loading trailer with materials.
- Unloads trailer by using forklift or hand truck.
- Transports loads over required route to proper destinations.
- Observes all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Obtains shipping bills and necessary signatures.
- Returns completed paperwork to the shipping office.
- Maintains records at all times is required.
- Removes empty skids from trailer truck and carries them to designated piling area.
- Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking oil, water, gasoline and air in tires on a daily basis.
- Reports any maintenance malfunctions to shipping and/or warehouse supervisor.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Education and experience needed for this position
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- A valid CDL Class A or B is required; Class A with hazmat, tanker, is preferred.
- Must be 21 years or older.
Other skills that will help you succeed
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Uses forklift to move products around warehouse.
- Helps organize warehouse during down time.
- Works on field equipment for liquid fertilizer, tank plumbing and small engine repair.
- Assists with inventory counts.
- Competent in handling equipment safely.
- Meets Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements.
- Passes substance abuse screening and as a safety sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.
- Can lift and move up to 80 pounds.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
At Helena, safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could be potentially harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position may require the employee to work in an outdoor setting in all types of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements and occasionally exposed to a confined space. The noise level is usually moderate to loud and the employee is also occasionally exposed to vibration. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 80 pounds.
Who we are
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC is one of the nation's foremost agronomy solutions providers. We rank near the top nationally in volume and sales for crop production products, fertilizer, custom application, seed and precision agriculture, turf management, industrial weed control, forestry, aquatics and more. As a solutions provider, we help our customers make critical decisions about soil variability, nutrient and water availability, seed selection and pest management. We take pride in working with our growers beyond the sale, helping them in every aspect of their business.
Helena operates under several main business groups -- Helena Products Group, AGRIntelligence, Helena Industries, LLC and Diversified Applications, Inc.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their manager and work team. Our family-like culture is centered on our successful business model "People...Products...Knowledge." People being the first for good reason. When our employees are treated right and feel cared for, our customers thrive and our business grows.
Helena's commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, visit us at .
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.
Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers