SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL SUPPLY MANAGER (RAPTOR)
The SpaceX supply chain department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement.
- Manage the supply base supporting critical commodities/categories for the Raptor product line with an emphasis on build to print aerospace components including, but not limited to machined components and mechanical assemblies
- Leverage demand forecasts and upcoming design releases to ensure the Raptor supply base has ample manufacturing capacity and quality yield to enable aggressive ramp up of vehicle production
- Provide guidance to internal procurement staff and engineering customers on design for manufacturability, supply chain optimization, and cost reduction strategies for mechanical commodities, including machined components, mechanical components, sheet metal, forgings, castings, and hardware, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering on design reviews, suppliers on scorecard/roadmaps, engineering vehicle leads on schedule and supplier engineering on quality requirements
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis to inform 'make vs. buy' decisions, down select an optimal sourcing plan taking short term NPI requirements and long term production rates, technology replacement, price trend, market and industry position, and risk assessments into account
- Visit supplier's facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment of new product development and long term production to implement a successful E2E product life cycle management strategy and process
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets, forecasts and maintain cost of bill of materials
- Install and optimize manufacturing capacity to assure COS (continuity of supply)
- Drive suppliers continuous process improvement to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Administer moderate to large contracts and independently negotiate with supplier's contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements, scope and terms involving responsibility, liability, indemnification, intellectual property and export compliance
- Prepare, issue, and analyze RFx packages for one-time and ongoing project requirements
- Issue purchase orders for SpaceX programs
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and government regulations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of technical procurement experience
- Experience with mechanical components, machining, surface treatments, metal fabrication, or assembly procedure
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience reading drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerance, preliminary design reviews, and quality documents
- Prior experience managing large value contracts and global supply base
- Experience in sourcing from a global supply base, for machined components and assemblies
- Experience in identifying and executing an optimized machining supply chain, including raw material, machining, material processing, inspection and logistics
- Technical procurement, new product introduction and production procurement, manufacturing, or design/development experience
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Ability to travel (up to 20%)
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (see application details).