SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS MANAGER, STARLINK
- Day-to-day shoe-leather lobbying on Capitol Hill to advance federal legislative priorities, specifically related to Starlink public policy priorities, spectrum, broadband policy and infrastructure, and other matters
- Support Global Government Affairs and international roll-out of Starlink, including government relations support to facilitate and accelerate licensing, market access, and regulatory approvals worldwide
- Shape spectrum and broadband policy discussions and initiatives in the U.S. and with foreign administrations
- Develop, maintain, and build-upon a network of relationships with Congressional staff and Members of Congress
- Shape SpaceX federal legislative strategies, tactics, and policy development
- Draft legislative language, attend hearings, draft hearing testimony, and develop policy positions
- Monitor and analyze federal legislative proposals
- Support state and local government relations activities as needed
- Prepare presentations for key audiences for SpaceX leadership
- Perform research as needed, develop policy and collateral materials
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience working on legislative matters in the private sector, a Congressional office, or an Executive Agency
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree (MA, JD, PhD) in science, policy, or political science, international affairs, or another relevant field
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working on issues directly related to FCC, NTIA, and other federal and state agencies or commissions with telecommunications responsibilities; and international telecom agencies and organizations
- Experience with Energy & Commerce and Commerce Science and Technology Committees, and related Appropriations committees
- Knowledge of launch vehicles, satellites, and space technology and policy matters
- Thorough knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology
- Knowledge of U.S. federal contracting and acquisition practices
- Direct experience in achieving definitive legislative outcomes
- Experience with Political Affairs including PACs
- Passion for SpaceX's mission and goals and rural connectivity
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to forge coalitions and partnerships
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to attend political and industry events on behalf of SpaceX
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (see application details).