SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. MANAGER, SATELLITE POLICY
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband across the United States, and around the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business. This position will provide strategic guidance for SpaceX advocacy to ensure regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service.
- Develop strategic guidance for the company to navigate regulatory and policy changes.
- Develop and advocate for broadband and spectrum policies that will further SpaceX's business objectives and Starlink's success.
- Represent and promote the company positions before Federal administrations, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations.
- Draft pleadings, letters, and other advocacy pieces to promote SpaceX's policy positions.
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities with government officials at all levels.
- Support outreach activities with the U.S. Congress, U.S. States, and foreign governments.
- Support efforts to shape government subsidy programs, apply to participate in those programs, and understand necessary compliance.
- Direct regulatory practice to secure necessary U.S. licenses, regulatory compliance, and customer support for all SpaceX spacecraft, earth stations, and services for the Starlink program.
- Develop and administer regulatory licensing application preparation, pursuit, and compliance requirements for system and service licensing.
- Advocate to optimize prospective satellite and telecoms regulatory frameworks and policy environments in alignment with SpaceX business objectives.
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities with US and foreign administrations.
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to business development efforts.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the telecommunications sector.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctor degree.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a policy related role.
- Understanding of broadband policy, foreign and domestic.
- Understanding of spectrum use and policies.
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology.
- Experience working with the Federal Communications Commission.
- Knowledge of key commercial and government players in the telecommunications/broadband industry.
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (see application details).