SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (SUPPLY CHAIN SYSTEMS)
Responsible for leading a team in developing and improving the business processes that enable SpaceX to design, build, launch, and reuse the most advanced rockets in the world. This team seeks to eliminate inefficiencies and constantly question the status quo without sacrificing data or product reliability.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve the robustness and efficiency of business processes and policies needed for inventory control, supply chain, receiving inspection, nonconforming hardware management, manufacturing and assembly, product traceability, rocket reusability and maintenance, and other critical business/production systems
- Develop business use cases and software requirements for improvements to our enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Prioritize software roadmap items to meet business needs. Conduct user acceptance testing and rollout communication plans for upcoming changes
- Develop standardized metrics for the supply chain organization
- Develop tools making use of supplier product and performance data to guide supply chain sourcing, ordering, and stocking decisions. Analyze data to make business recommendations (cost-benefit, forecasting, impact analysis)
- Deliver customer-required data and documentation and support customer interface as required
- Support corrective action process as subject matter expert for products or processes, guiding corrective action teams in development of corrective action plans, implement permanent solutions, and participate in evaluation of effectiveness. Drive robust process using tools such as 5 Why, 8D, Apollo Root Cause, A3, Fishbone/Ishikawa diagrams, etc.
- Collaborate across disciplines including engineering, production, test, launch mission operations, enterprise resource planning (ERP), mission management, customer contracts, quality, human resources, and management to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
- 5+ years of experience operating as a software product manager, business systems analyst, technical project manager or software engineer
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Knowledge of database structures and SQL
- Experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 13485, or similar quality management systems
- Project management experience, particularly related to creating or overhauling cross-functional business processes in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of lean and quality tools such as process mapping, six sigma, root cause analysis and corrective action, advanced product quality planning (APQP), metrology, process failure mode and effects analysis (PFMEA), and control plans
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools such as design of experiments (DOE), statistical process control (SPC), analysis of variance (ANOVA), regression analysis, and Minitab
- Dedicated to adopting a lean approach to quality without compromising safety or reliability
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience with software development cycle and agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of Python, C#, or Java
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Ability to identify and maintain priorities for tasks and projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, both independently and with a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and with multiple levels of management
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Willing to work weekends and extended hours when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (see application details).