Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Performs a wide range of duties relating to the origination of residential 1st mortgage loans for branch offices and outside referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined by management for mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives. Focuses on selling CRA products and services, targeting low to moderate-income individuals and areas, as well as non-profit organizations. Assumes overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing. Primary work location needs to be in a designated rural market defined by the Decisional Science Group (DSG).
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop CRA prospects & referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
- Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company's policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general departmental guidelines.
- Conduct and coordinate homebuyer-training seminars for CRA potential applicants.
- Handle employee loans and participate in appropriate Fifth Third-coordinated functions to promote employee loans.
- Follow defined protocol for escalation of exceptions.
- Take applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003 on the laptop.
- Utilize the laptop for communication and access of daily rates, applicant credit reports, Loan Prospector responses, and transmitting the loan to LOMAS.
- Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package in the time frames set by management.
- Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and complete required management reports.
- Communicate with applicants and/or referral sources by providing timely updates and progress reports.
- Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each applicant*s and support staff's expectations.
- Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as required by management.
- This position requires SAFE Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent mandatory. Four-year college degree preferred.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
- Must have at least 2 years of mortgage lending experience.
- Must have an established book of local referral sources.
- Must have existing mortgage sales of $1 million per month.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills.
- Proven computer skills.
- Basic sales technique skills.
- Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
#LI - MC1
Emerging Mortgage Loan Specialist
LOCATION -- Louisville, Kentucky 40272
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.