Crown Cork & Seal, a global Fortune 500 packaging manufacturer has an immediate opening for a Customer Technical Services in the North American Beverage Division. This individual is a key member of the Technical Service Team who supports various customer-filling operations in various regions of the United States. This position will service the Northeast US into Canada.
This is a trainee position which will provide exposure to all facets of Crown's business. You will receive rapid professional development, coaching and mentoring all designed to advance you through the learning curve as you take on greater responsibilities.
Position accountabilities include the following:
- Act as the key interface between the Company and the customer in trouble-shooting problems associated with the Company's final product and the customer's filling processes.
- Identify a final packaged product that is not working, troubleshoot the potential causes and incorporate a solution for the problems.
- Support the customer in areas such as equipment audits, rework of the final filled products, overhauls and equipment conversion.
- Learn and develop strong knowledge of Metal Seaming Technology (specifically Angelus, Pneumatic Scale and Continental)
- Learn and develop in-depth knowledge of Beverage Fillers Equipment (Crown, H&K, Cemco, etc.).
- Interact with other members of the Company's Sales & Operation Team to develop strategies, resolve problems and implement solutions to support the customer.
Requirements for this position would include the following:
- BS level degree in Engineering, Packaging and / or Chemistry.
- 1-2 years experience including Co-op in a manufacturing environment
- Proven analytical abilities and be knowledgeable in root cause analysis
- Proven mechanical skills including the ability to use gauges, dial calipers, micrometers and other related instruments.
- Ability to identify industry specifications and incorporate them into the Beverage filling process.
- Knowledge of Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry processes would be beneficial.
- Strong PC skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written as well as proven presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively interact with customers on a variety of levels.
- Ability to identify a final packaged product that is not working or defective, troubleshoot the potential causes, and incorporate a solution for effectively resolving the problem.
- Ability to work overtime during the week and weekends based on customer needs.
- Ability to travel (car and/or plane) up to 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid passport for travel into Canada
- Ability to relocate for advancement opportunities
40 - 50%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.