Do you love helping people? Do you have a positive outlook and love entertaining? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team that wants to make it brilliant for every guest?
If so, we would love to hear from you ... we have Desk Agent opportunities at the dual-branded Courtyard / Residence Inn Downtown Richmond and the Richmond Marriott Downtown right now! More detailed info on the job below!
Location: Courtyard / Residence Inn Richmond Downtown or Richmond Marriott Downtown
The GSR completes guest registration, room assignments, blocking, check out, and accounting procedures. Provides efficient, gracious, and professional guest service.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging Service Pledge and brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
• Perform all duties on the position certification checklist.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and effectively explain items such as common reports, guest folios, and emergency procedures. Know role in emergency situations.
• Give a warm and sincere greeting. Check the guest in and out efficiently and in a friendly manner. Use the guest’s name at least twice. Anticipate the guest’s needs and exceed their expectations. Give the guest a fond farewell/warm good-bye. Thank them and invite them back
• Always answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
• Responsible for issued bank. Count bank at beginning and end of shift. Report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures.
• Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
• Understand and consistently follow all cash handling procedures including the hotel credit and check cashing procedures.
• Ensure all credit cards and cash funds are balanced throughout each shift. Follow PCI Compliance.
• Complete guest and information privacy training.
• Handle guest mail, messages and safe deposit boxes per SOP.
• Offer and properly handle requests for wake-up calls and “do not disturb” requests.
• Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property management system upon certification.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, hotel services, hours of operation, room locations, room rates, amenities, hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
• Monitor room availability, selling strategies, discounts and frequent guest program benefits
• Keep desk area clean. Understand that it is every associate’s responsibility to keep the hotel clean and in immaculate condition. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Lobby and Entrance.
• Inform management of any guest or system-related issues.
• Read and initial log daily.
• Maintain proper key control.
• Forward Lost and Found inquiries to Loss Prevention.
• Follow brand check-in/check-out procedures for all guests.
• Assist with Sales and Marketing efforts as directed by management staff.
• Possess working knowledge of reservation procedures. Know cancellation and walk procedures
• Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
• Practice energy conservation at all times.
• Notify manager/PBX of maintenance issues.
• Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
• Participate in daily preshift.
• Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
• Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
• Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates, and managers. Effectively respond to and resolve guest complaints.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale.
• Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
• Follow proper key control procedures.
• Never give a key to a guest room out without verifying the requestor’s identity
• Never give connecting rooms without the express permission of both guests
• Never announce a guest’s room number
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Job Knowledge
• Quality of Work
• Quantity of Work
• Organization Skills
• Guest Focus/Customer Service
• Judgment/Problem Solving
• Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
• None required
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs occasionally with assistance.
• Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
• Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; handle or feel; talk and hear.
Job Type: Full-time