Do you love helping people? Do you love when everything is perfectly clean, neat and organized? Do you want to join a hotel team that wants to make every guest's stay perfect?
If you answered 'yes' to all of the above, we would love to hear from you! Please see below for more info regarding the job. We are looking for the best housekeepers in Richmond and we offer one of the most competitive hourly wages and benefits packages in the market!
What exactly is the job?
Efficiently clean and supply guestrooms, ensuring excellent guest service and high levels of cleanliness.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
• Sign in and out master key each day following proper key procedures.
• Never allow a guest to enter a room if they do not have a working key to the room.
• Clean rooms following White Lodging Guest Room Attendant guidelines and certification training while maintaining established productivity standards.
• Follow proper Guestroom Entry Procedures per SOP. Before entering a guestroom, knock on the door three times and call “Housekeeping.”
• Inspect room for maintenance needs and report deficiencies/complete work orders if needed. This includes fixtures, televisions, radios, heating/cooling equipment, refrigerator, etc.
• Perform daily general clean duties:
- Clean bathroom, including walls, mirrors, vanity sink, tub, shower curtain, toilet, and floor;
- Strip room of linen and trash;
- Change the linen per SOP and make the bed properly;
- Dust, clean inside drawers, vacuum floors and clean and check under bed;
- Replace amenity items in the guestroom;
- If applicable, clean kitchen appliances, counter, glassware, dishes, utensils, etc.
• Set heating/cooling equipment and radio on proper settings.
• Self-inspect guestrooms as directed.
• Clean, organize and restock housekeeping cart/backpack following White Lodging and hotel brand standards. Carts and vacuums should be stored in designated area.
• Turn in room status report to Supervisor or Front Desk showing your completed work.
• Fold terry and linen as needed.
• Assist in training new associates.
• Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required.
• Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use gloves when handling chemicals. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
• Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
• Practice energy conservation at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
• Carry out assigned duties in an emergency situation.
• Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
• Participate in daily preshift.
• Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
• Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Security/Management.
• Know how to perform Housekeeping Attendant’s duties to standard and assist if needed.
• Know how to operate laundry equipment.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale.
• Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
• Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Be available to work weekends and holidays as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Job Knowledge
• Quality of Work
• Quantity of Work
• Organization Skills
• Guest Focus/Customer Service
• Judgment/Problem Solving
• Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
• None required
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
• Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
• Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time