Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Cincinnati - Ohio
Location: Detroit - Michigan
Position can be Located Anywhere in the Eastern or Central USA
Objective of position
Reporting to the Industry Consultant Team Leader, Enterprise Accounts & Software Group, the Global Industry Consultantis responsible for providing Rockwell Automation, and our customers, with Consumer Industry domain expertise driving growth through disciplined sales and BU collaboration, market intelligence, and qualified sales leads with optimized products and solutions. Consumer industries may include Food, Beverage, Household & Personal Care, and Life Sciences.
Industry Development, Intelligence and Presence
- Align activities and strategic planning with the Sr. Industry Consultant, Regional Industry Directors/IVP, and industry team members.
- Participate in development of the Industry Development Plan (IDP)
- Represent the company as a domain expert at select industry events.
- Assist in determination & assessment of partnering opportunities.
- Provide IDP communications to other industry focused resources to increase momentum
- Represent industry through support/collaboration in building RA marketing and sales enablement materials.
Global Sales collaboration
- Represent the company within industry association engagements.
- Provide pre-sales consultations to key accounts where required.
- Acquire intimate knowledge of our key customers manufacturing processes, desired business outcomes to help drive the company's portfolio requirements.
- Coaching on key account opportunities and future growth strategy
- Maintain a conduit for communication on global customer opportunities.
Industry Domain Expertise
- Market / Application Expertise
- Participate in Key Customer Relationship Development
- Engage Industry Standards Committees
- Engage in Enterprise and Strategic Account opportunities
- Provide expertise to OEM segments to better support Industry initiatives.
Solution & Product portfolio Prioritization
Communicate Gaps to the Sr. Industry Consultant/Team Lead and Industry Leaders Participate in BU discussions to help clarify customer desired outcomes and ways we can differentiation our solutions. Participate in business case development effort for products and solutions. Engage in Key Product Launches / Assist in Roll out plan to Industry & OEM teams
Responsible, Inclusive and Ethical Behavior
Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel 30% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience in consumer industries in operations, engineering, technical services, or Mfg IT.
- Experience with integrating MES and/or IIOT platforms with automated equipment or processes to drive specific customer outcomes.
- Experience with "Digital Thread" disciplines such as PLM, 3D-CAD, Physics based simulation/digital twin solutions and/or automation simulation
- Experience in pre-sales with support of information and/or automation solutions.
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization
- Work closely with Enterprise/Strategic Account Managers to develop sales strategies and establish credibility as trusted advisor to key customer stakeholders.
- Understanding of pertinent industry standards related to personal safety, food safety/hygienic, and environmental requirements. (FSMA, FDA, USDA, IP Ratings, etc.)
- Participation in industry associations as a subject matter expert. (ISA, PMMI, OPAF, OMAC, etc.)
- Can work collaboratively to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Previous global sales or support experience
- Program Management skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description