The Manager is an energetic leader who displays operational excellence in every area, as well as hires, trains and schedules employees.
You will be responsible for inventory and money control systems and will be the point person for marketing initiatives.
A good Manager sets the tone, stays calm under pressure, inspires a customer-oriented team and creates a culture of respect and collaboration.
POSITION TITLE: Manager
REPORTS TO: Management/Franchisee
The Manager performs and directs overall restaurant management. Directs staff to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Recruits staff and oversees training program. Responsible for inventory and money control systems – may establish inventory schedules. Responsible for local marketing initiatives – may contact prospective customers to promote sales. Maintains business records. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position. Various partnership discounts are now available. 401k is offered, tips and bonuses. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Although the above requirements of the job are listed, some skills maybe discussed and training in a particular area can be provided if applicant is qualified in most areas. This can be discussed in an interview.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
1. Crew member completes and posts staff work schedules.
2. Recruits, rewards and terminates staff as needed.
3. Communicates changes of food preparation formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
4. Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policy are followed.
5. Maintains business records as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual: Daily Procedures. Analyzes business records to increase sales.
6. Supports local and national marketing initiatives.
7. Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote sales.
8. Plans special events and promotions.
9. Completes University of Subway® courses as directed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years in a restaurant environment, experience in supervising and training staff.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ongoing continuing training is provided.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register (cashier). Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.