Business Development Lead
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
Join our team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It's this culture, our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Indianapolis business unit has set the goal of creating long-term relationships that deliver value to our clients. Our clients say we are different and better than other firms. They say we are authentic, transparent, and that we do what we say we are going to do.
About this role:
This role drives the technical sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis, growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, sales negotiations and closure. This position interacts with all levels of customers and internal operating groups and national technology service offering leaders. Ideally, this individual will have come up through the technical ranks in their career and have an solid understanding of what it takes to build technical solutions and the business problems these solutions solve.
The Business Development Lead manages the opportunity from sales pursuit to close using deep sales process and offering expertise. They will have existing relationships and develop new relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and/or existing clients: protect and grow the business. Act as point of contact for resolution and escalation of all key items with the client and internally. They will also already be actively networking in the community and work to establish Centric's brand as a technology leader.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for building and leveraging existing Client relationships and proactively finding and establishing new Client relationships that are aligned with Centric's growth strategies
- Lead Generation and pursuit of leads generated through Marketing activities and networking events.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of project-based opportunities
- Maintain regular contact with customers and key decision-makers via regular client meetings and lunches
- Cold calling new and potential accounts
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of marketing events and in developing marketing content and related knowledge capital
- Qualify sales opportunities by understanding Client needs, quantifying potential issues and determining the Client's budget and decision-making process
- Assist as needed in the Recruiting process for new Consultants.
- Work with Centric Leadership to determine Pursuit Team and approach for identified opportunities and oversee the proposal creation process for new opportunities
- Utilize industry knowledge and tools to identify Prospects
- Demonstrate attention to detail, persistence and follow-through including consistent and ongoing communication updates
- Attend and participate in Client, candidate and industry/technology related networking/meet-ups/relationship building events
- Consult with Centric's Leadership on Go/No-Go decisions, Deal Review and Pricing Strategies.
- Aggressively close business and secure signed contracts to meet or exceed annual individual sales goals
- Cultivate, manage and effectively interface with Client personnel at all organizational levels as required to build long-term relationships
- Coach and guide team members before meetings, presentations and proposals.
- Participate in developing long-range strategies and near-term tactical plans with Centric's Executive, Marketing, Recruiting, Delivery and Administrative staff that are consistent with Centric's overall Mission, Vision and Growth
- Support Centric's team members and account teams with Account Management and follow up activities as needed
- Demonstrate strong communication, virtual team leadership and solid sales management skills to plan, organize, control and report on sales from identification to business close.
- Provide accurate forecasts and feedback to sales management and recruiters with regard to candidate submissions and client interaction
- Consultative Selling
- IT strategy, architecture, modern technologies, how technology transforms and enables business outcomes
- Qualifying, Sales Process, Writing Proposals & Contracts, Planning
- Self-Management, Business Acumen, Innovation
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a consultative sales role selling technology solutions
- Existing book of business of Director and C-Level Technical Customer Relationships in Indianapolis area (i.e. CIO, CTO, CMO, CDO, IT Director, VP of IT, etc.)
- Demonstrated record of creating and maintaining a strong customer base of ongoing relationships. You've earned the "trusted advisor" moniker because you know how to building deep, strong relationships
- Passion for building a thriving business unit with a high level of initiative, self-motivation and entrepreneurship that helps you break into new accounts and grow them with our team
- You know your city (Indy!) and love connecting with your network to build your business and give back to your community
- Prior experience selling consulting project-based technology services in Indianapolis is strongly preferred
- Ability to lead inspirational presentations in a client-facing environment in an adaptive style
- Ability to build, manage and foster a team-driven environment
- Creating unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture- Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines - who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each Don't take our word for it - check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact- We think of ourselves as big company with a small company feel - a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences- We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It's at the root of who we are as a firm and why we're here.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging- We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from and what experiences they've had. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation- We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good- We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
- The Nitty Gritty- Along with the standard health and 401k benefits, we offer self-managed PTO (manage your own work-life balance), a company paid trip, profit sharing, parental leave and remote working options for our employees. In fact, we wrote the book on creating remote culture - literally.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.