Hours: This is an On- Call position. Must be flexible to working overnights, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Provides case and group work services to patients and/or their families during patient's Hospital stay. Ensures continuity of medical care by referral to appropriate follow-up services.
* Provides direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help clients maximize their functioning.Travel to patient homes, community resources, community meetings may be required.
* Advocates on behalf of the client to ensure maximum access to health care.
* Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by hospital policies and procedures.
* Functions in a consultative and educative capacity with all pertinent individuals or agencies that impact on patients.
* Prepares materials for supervisory conferences.
* May direct the activities of paraprofessional staff, social work interns and volunteers.
* May participate in appropriate research, staff development programs and community liaison activities.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Master's Degree in Social Work, required.
LMSW required within one (1) year of employment, required.