Are you passionate about customer service and sales?
Come join our team!
As a Retail Sale Associates you provide customer service using proper selling techniques, product knowledge, and the GUEST service model:
Greet and make customer contact
Understand the customer's needs
Educate the customer on product features and benefits
Solve any customer problems/answer any questions
Transact the sale through suggestive selling, multiple selling, and effective closing.
In addition you:
- Ensure our retail stores operate smoothly and provide exemplary customer service
- Educate with expert product knowledge
- You utilize proper selling techniques to assist customers throughout every step of the transaction process, always positively representing the New Balance brand
- Correctly measure and fit customers with appropriate NB product
- Inform customers about any promotions we have running
- Keep the floor always looking its best – neat, organized, and well stocked
- Make sure items are labeled and price marked properly
- Protect our products by greeting customers, attaching/detaching security tags, monitoring floor merchandise, reporting shrinkage and security violations, etc.
- Follow safety regulations, including proper lifting procedures and timely reporting of all accidents and near misses.
Requirements for success:
- Should be a people person!
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Past retail experience preferred, but not necessary
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a team environment
- Familiarity with cash register functions and ability to quickly perform basic math
- Ability to: lift 4 lbs. frequently; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; push or pull 50 lbs. over 200 ft. occasionally; stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; climb and descend stairs frequently (depending on location)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid-time off accruals
- 401k Plan and Tuition Reimbursement
- Because work-life is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture: Flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements
- Non-traditional perks: offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, mentorship programs and much, much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran