Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the ground transportation, aerospace, industrial, packaging and building and construction markets. In 2020, the businesses of Arconic Corporation reported annual revenue of $5.7 billion. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and shareholder value.
We have an immediate opening for aManufacturing Flow Path Leader.The Sheet Finishing Automotive Flow Path Leader will work under the direction of the lead Area Manager and will provide leadership, coaching, and direction for other salaried and hourly employees. Focusing on both tactical and longer-term projects in the areas of safety, productivity, semi-autonomous teaming, recovery improvement and training.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the Sheet Finishing Automotive flow path and operating systems for metal production. Partner with quality, supply chain management, marketing and sales team to ensure manufacturing systems are producing effectively and customer expectations are met.
- Lead problem solving activity to eliminate waste and ensure efficiency across the entire flow path
- Ability to effectively respond to customer requests/concerns and work towards mutually beneficial solutions
- Accountable for operational excellence in 88 ATL area manufacturing including delivering on performance and developing and managing ongoing performance metrics
- Fully support Davenport Works EHS policies and programs by staying current on required training, being responsible for one's own safety, helping enforce safe work practices for the 100" Area manufacturing flow path
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Incumbent must be articulate, computer literate, skilled at data analysis, and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- The incumbent must be a self-starter, with confidence in their own judgment, willing to face new situations and problems.
- Ability to influence others and proactively network to build relationships across the flow path
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization
- Possess an understanding of business objectives and strategy as well as cost structure
- Possess ABS (Lean Manufacturing) and problem-solving skills
- Develop rapport with team members and works effectively on teams
- Strong business, technical, computer, and analytical skills (from educational background and/or manufacturing experience)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience in rolling mill manufacturing.
- Experience utilizing and applying Lean Manufacturing tools.