Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job offer.Minimum Starting Hourly Pay Rate:
$17.00 per hour paid bi-weekly (pay rate is based on experience)Work Schedule:
Variable work schedule. Work hours may often exceed 30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client needs. Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred.
This position requires travel around the local area (serving San Francisco, Oakland, East Bay, North Bay, and surrounding area); depending upon customer assignment.
The Mover I is responsible for general labor including but not limited to lifting, carrying and/or pushing furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to and from trucks, offices and warehouses. May also assist in loading and offloading trucks from docks and/or on a lift-gate and setting and offsetting goods on equipment. Responsible for assuring a quality move for the customer, providing outstanding customer service, and assisting the move process by communicating with the supervisor, the customer and other crew members. The work schedule is part-time, hours will vary. Reliable transportation is required for this position.Position Responsibilities
- Push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture, equipment and boxes as required.
- Assist Drivers load and unload trucks using a ramp, dock or lift-gate.
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all times.
- Use extreme care not to damage good or facilities during the move
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at Corovan dispatch office or on-site at client location in complete uniform.
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- High School Diploma and/or general education degree (GED); or one to two (1-2) year's related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous commercial and/or household goods moving experience preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
Pay & Benefits
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including background check and drug testing
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum supervision
- Moderate ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures, work instructions, and timesheets
- Moderate ability to speak and communicate well with customers and coworkers
- Moderate ability to understand basic math in order be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day. May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or on a lift-gate.Additional Information
Upon offer, the Company conducts a comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.