Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Charge Capture Associate who:
Performs various functions related to the revenue cycle operations. Reviews, analyzes and coordinates charge master activities. Works on routine assignments within defined parameters, established guidelines and precedents. Follows established procedures and receives daily instructions on work.Essential Functions:
- Collaborates with department to code billable items for reimbursement. Collaborates with appropriate staff to secure information for billable items.
- Balances charge summary to encounter forms keyed before updating charges within a timely guideline. Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
- Reviews and enters charges accurately into the billing system as needed. Resolves suspended charges. Handles late charges.
- Participates in projects and audits to improve processes related to revenue cycle, efficiency of charging and billing, and collection efforts.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:Education:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Charge entry billing experience in a healthcare setting: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.