Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (Project) will contribute to, produce and manage client deliverables relative to our multi-channel marketing engagements, serving as a liaison between client staff and internal Epsilon technical delivery teams. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will work closely with account team leads to ensure accurate and timely delivery of account deliverables, with a focus on defining requirements, functional specifications, test cases and test results, release documentation, and adhere to SDLC standards.
The Sr. BSA is responsible for:
- Supporting and coordinating the development of relational database and data batch processes and associated tasks such as requirements, functional specification and other client documentation.
- Supporting and coordinating System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing, and associated activities such as test plan, test cases and test execution as related to relational database and batch processing, including reporting, testing, waterfall review, user acceptance testing.
- Supporting production staff and client end users in the use of the overall client solution with a focus on relational database and batch processing and reporting.
- Acting as a BSA client and technical team contact.
- Supporting and coordinating Change Management initiatives. Support and coordinate Issue Management events from identification through resolution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems, processes and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Develops and documents system specifications that are aligned to, and based on, business requirements.
- Configures system settings and options.
- Plans and executes quality assurance, functional and end to end testing; Coordinates and facilitates user acceptance testing with the end user.
- Works with developers, system architects and senior BSAs to design and document the details of automated systems and processes.
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included for client roll-out/implementation.
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions and databases.
- Provides production support for solutions that are in production.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to assemble, analyze and evaluate data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams.
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select a course of action.
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (e.g., project requirements, requested changes, and testing results).
- Able to create and update specifications/documents, and assess completeness of requirements information received.
- Able to develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership.
- Able to document information effectively through databases, knowledge warehouses, and other shared space.
- Able to properly interpret customer needs, and translate into understandable written requirements.
- Able to develop and document test plans and test cases.
- Able to understand and support well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and often changing environment.
- As needed, able to serve as a liaison between: developers and users, clients and companies, and management and IT.
- Strong knowledge of the industry.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to execute intermediate SQL queries.
- Strong problem solving skills in order to move toward a project's successful completion.
- Strong project management skills.
- May need to demonstrate a strong technical platitude, and understand both business and technical language and ideas.
- Strong drive and initiative, sense of personal accountability.
- With guidance, able to analyze and evaluate data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process
- Able to mentor and train less experienced peers.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.