Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
At Honeywell Intelligrated, the Operations Consultant 's primary responsibility is to use a consultative approach and style to apply industry best practice knowledge and experience to study a client's distribution operations and provide recommendations to optimize operational effectiveness and enhance the value of the unique service offerings to our clients. The Operational Consultant strives to strike a balance between throughput, productivity, capacity, staffing, operating expense, capital investment, and the client's business strategy.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The primary objective is to conduct Operational Assessments to support clients in leveraging their assets to their fullest potential. The focus is on "operations" and may include alternative processes and approaches to leverage existing equipment and systems in ways that may go beyond their original design scope to improve productivity and throughput.
The following describe some of the basic functions that may be involved in post go-live Operational Assessments:
- Observe the client's facilities, study their operation and propose recommendations that improve throughput, capacity, and utilization based upon operational experience, education, and best practices employed in the industry.
- Understand the end-to-end process flows within a Distribution Center to identify current opportunities and gaps.
- Develop and present recommendations including business case analysis to the client's executive leadership to justify investments to improve operations and distribution efficiency.
- Develop, analyze and assess operational KPIs: Productivity, labor management, staffing strategy, throughput, cycle time, order quality, safety, order fill rate, piece fill rate, and outbound logistics.
- Act as a client advocate in preliminary design reviews, equipment layout reviews, and final design reviews. Assist Intelligrated's teams as necessary with defining acceptance criteria during proposal development.
- Assist as needed in supporting clients as they transition from commissioning through go-live and into operational stability. Operational coaching, peak day guidance, and managerial KPI recommendations that can improve the client's operational efficiency through timely performance trend analysis.
- Manage expectations of the client. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Help to generate new business opportunities. Promote Honeywell-Intelligrated's range of service offerings (LSS, contracted maintenance, Connected DC monitoring, MHE and system inspections, etc.) and actively assess/present ways to better serve clients.
YOU MUST HAVE
- A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Computer Science
- A minimum of 10 years of distribution operations management work experience
- 10+ years of experience managing both exempt and non-exempts associates in a distribution center environment
- 10+ years experience of operational Profit and Loss budget responsibility of > $15 million annually
- 10+ years experience MHE Capex budget and project management leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong customer relationships
- Ability to influence and achieve results in a matrixed-team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management and C-Level executives
- Ability to collaborate effectively across language and cultural barriers
- Proven experience in operational functions that impact the supply chain operations (e.g., retail and e-commerce fulfillment, supply chain strategy, network analysis, distribution logistics (inbound, outbound, returns), inventory management, procurement and sourcing, customer service, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), lean-six sigma, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 55%
- JOB ID: HRD119906
- Category: Sales Support
- Location: 7901 Innovation Way,Mason,Ohio,45040,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.