Assistant Meat Manager
Assistant Meat Manager
Work under the direct supervision of the Meat Manager. Stocking shelves, cleaning, assisting customers and other employees. Over see the department in the absence of the Meat Manager.
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervises all activities in the meat department including product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
- Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to both government and corporate ordinances.
- Must maintain records as required. In the role of meat manager, he/she will oversee the Assistant Meat Manager (if applicable), Meat Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the meat department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends terminations.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all meat products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of meat products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Performs weekly self audits of the Meat department.
Shift start: 6:00AM or 8:00AM or 10:00AM or 12:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.