As a Thermoforming Machine Operator Technician, you will be responsible for consistently and safely operating assigned thermoforming equipment at or above standard levels defined by provided documentation, including but not limited to set-up, maintenance, waste control, quality, efficiency and utilization. The Technician assures the assigned thermoforming machine is operating properly and must follow company procedures for all safety initiatives, providing accurate and timely reporting of production data to comply with the companies Good Manufacturing Practices.
Visual Pak Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visual Pak does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender (orientation or identification), sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis covered by federal, state, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, skills, individual performance, and business needs.
- Responsible for operating thermoform machinery and assure all company safety procedures are followed in the production work area.
- Lead and direct associates assigned to line, ensuring proper packing procedures are followed.
- Excellent attendance is crucial to team success
- Produce a variety of molded plastic parts by loading raw material, setting and adjusting cycle times, temperatures, pressures, cutting and material handling stations, and cycle machine to ensure proper and safe operations.
- Ensure thermoforming equipment is operating at or above established forming standards.
- Ensure safe work environment and abide by 5S and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Collaborate with other Operators, providing knowledge and training to less experienced personnel.
- Perform in-process inspections of parts throughout production run and assure they meet documented and visual standards of acceptance.
- Responsible for producing customer parts to order in the proper quantity as identified by the production order.
- Assures all manufacturing equipment is well maintained and calibrated, reporting any deficiencies to Maintenance.
- Monitors production efficiency; addresses line stoppage and initiates immediate problem solving to correct the cause.
- Report material utilization in the daily production report
- Ensure daily production report data is correct and up to date
- Recognize defective materials for color, surface blemishes, finish and dimensions.
- Segregate non-conforming materials and ensure non-conforming report (NCR) procedure is followed and reported to management.
- Ensures machine set up procedure is followed and the appropriate materials are on line prior to each production run.
- Maintain the integrity of all customer/company owned tools.
- Identify the proper tooling required for pending production.
- Inspect condition of molds, component parts and knives for damage and wear. Report deficiencies to management using defined procedures.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law